FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Your PC Software Package

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DustinH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DustinH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your PC Software Package
    Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 9:32am
Hey there guys,

I am just curious if anyone made a list of software you would install to your computer when it comes? Kind of like "starter software" that you usually install on any PC so that you can function.

:)
smulla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 12:57pm
I download ccleaner, bitdefender (since I paid for it otherwise AVG or Avast), I ditched zonealarm since I hate the slowdown in performance but if your paranoid its good.

Laptop:  Toshiba S4527 upgraded to 2 gigs runningMcafee free one year in vista ultimate, in my home edition of vista i use komodo and bitdefender in laptop which is in a dual partition mode. Spyware Doctor starter edition and adaware anniversary edition free version. I also am running malwarebyte's antimalware on both partitions because I run my laptop most of the time.

Cyberpower computer I bought from here winxp3 and Windows Vista (they still gave me a damaged case but oh well I went nowhere fast with them and I could never reach tech support):
On Vista I use AVG free and CCleaner and Foxit PDF Reader.
On XP Advanced FileCleaner with BitDefender.
I didnt buy Vista or a graphics card from them I bought those two separately because of issues other people have with them, and I'm glad I didn't but FYI I bought a HIS 4850 coupled with a Apevia XQpack 2 case with athlon 5000 black and I partitioned the 320 gig Hitachi drive in half and running xp3 and Home Edition of Vista on it with 4 gig ddr2 ram.

Sorry for the long post:

Oh yeah and I run Bitdefender on my emachines T6212 clocked at AMD 3200+ 64 bit with 3gig of ram and MSI 4830 it has a 320 gig  WD eide drive running vista home edition and running Windows 7 64 bit edition on a 40 gig eide seagate drive dual boot.  Windows 7 will only accept Norton 360 running 15 day beta on it then I will figure out what will run it in a week or two so I can replace it.

All partitions are run using EasyBCD which means I can edit the boot entries in vista when I need to delete a partition.

I also download Winzip on all of them just in case I need to download something from the web.

Edited by smulla - 29 Jan 2009 at 1:49pm
vondes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:37pm
Good day. Internet trading opens up new perspectives. Thanks to the online store, I can enter new markets, create a loyal customer base, and reduce the cost of attracting customers. But creating a site is not an easy task. My search for a reliable web development team dragged on. How to choose a reliable technology partner for my online business? What fundamental principles should I know, how to choose the right team of web developers? Should I turn to this GNS IT team?
SunnyDay View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyDay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:18am
If I had a computer that has just come, I would firstly install Chrome, AdBlock Plus and uTorrent. Also it is good to have a good media player, VPN service and antivirus. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic