FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 7 stalling on boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richardl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 7 stalling on boot
    Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:32am
New PC worked fine for 2 months.
Now it won't boot to windows and stall at starting windows screen.
did f8....won't boot to any options
did change boot in bios to CD/DVD and boot off windows boot disk and when attempt to repair it stalls again.

No idea what to do
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:35am
Sorry to hear that. Try unplugging all external devices to see if the problem is possibly related to a device or cable connected to the system.

If the problem persists, try to boot into safe mode again and if you are able to, i would suggest doing a system restore.

If this is not successful, you may need to reload the OS. First, try booting to the CyberPower disc to see if it hangs when booting to the disc. If not, you may need to proceed with a re-install, but this would cause you to lose your data on the C drive.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
richardl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:40pm
That's exactly what it was. A few days ago I retrieved data from a previous HD (which still had an OS) which I had plugged into the hotswap bay. I'm not sure why it would try to take that HD OS over the SSD OS??

No, even when I inserted the CyberPower Win7 boot disk it would stall before I could repair or even install - that's when I realized it must be hardware related as you should always be able to boot from a boot disk.

Thanks (good to know)

Edited by richardl - 03 Dec 2012 at 2:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic