FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is a Gaming System?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
LEGENDBOY5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:20pm
Very good. This gives me such a great explanation on things.
LEGENDBOY5
collcyber View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 5:42am
hey thanks for posting these information regarding a gaming PC. since i want to buy a new one i would consider these
MaxCreditPteLtd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 10:34pm
Thanks for the post. We need more post like this.
wahburger View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 3:00pm
*BASE_PRICE: [+1595]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: CFI Boreallight w/ USB 3.0, EZ Swap HDD, 2x 120mm & 1x 140mm fans, Side Panel Window (White Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: None [-13]
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K Six-Core 3.30GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
CS_FAN: Maximum Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fan [+39] (Maximum Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fan)
DOCKINGSTATION: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Enermax ETS-T40-BK Black CPU Cooler w/PWM 120mm Twister with TB Apollish Blue LED [+13]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: FREE $50 VISA Gift Card with Intel Core I5 or Core I7 purchase
FREEBIE_MB: None
FREEBIE_TB: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 256GB ADATA SP610 SSD + 4TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+9] (Combo Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X99S GAMING 7 ATX w/Killer GbLAN, 4x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1x M.2, 8x SATA 6Gb/s [+32]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabit 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
NFC: None
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RESERVOIR: None
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
VIDEO: EVGA Superclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 w/ ACX Cooling PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+88] (Single Card)
WNC: GIGABYTE GC-WB867D-I 802.11AC Wi-Fi up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo w/ Dual Antenna PCI-E Adapter [+29]
_PRICE: (+1845)

just placed an order for these, will be for gaming ( i know it's not an ideal budget build ) i will be ordering the rest of the parts next month ( and switching out the PSU ). any tips on what to add are appreciated!   ($1000 budget for next order ) .   
Keiichi25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 3:18pm
Actually, a slight clarification here for what was said about the GPU vs CPU bit.

The GPU is only good in the situation of when a game takes advantage of the GPU in question.  There are current games, like Planetside 2, for instance, that bounces between both GPU and CPU intensity.  You can have a decent GPU, but still see the game flip over to CPU governing because coding maybe constrained to deal with certain aspects the GPU cannot handle alone.

In most games, the GPU being the 'best' will be based on some of the rendering necessities, but when it comes down to actual 'play'...  The bottlenecks will be the GPU, CPU AND Memory of the system.

Case in point, if you aren't playing with a 'clean' or 'unburdened' system (IE: Only the OS and the game, nothing else), Memory becomes the next issue.  Even with Virtual Memory turned on and adding more 'space' for memory to write, GPU or CPU will never overcome the 'lag' when memory has to write to virtual memory, as reading/writing even to SSD is still slower than RAM on hand.

The current drawback for most PC based games is going to be the necessity to be hardware flexible.  Code can only be made to function to a degree, even with DirectX support, but even DirectX has limitations to what it can make the hardware do.
rediornot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 9:05pm
I ordered this system and it operates at 2.4 with turbo to 3.5ghz
I think it should do the trick, will know better when it gets here, i have the opportunity to do some more beta testing on foreign developed games with little or no English instructions. but couldn't even do the ones coming out of beta without lag.
i enjoyed this post immensely with the comparisons, and with the original date of the post is still a current discussing point

i remember when the fastest speed was 548 mghz and they said nothing could be programed above 1k mghz so no need for faster computer until the british developed ""the chip" which almost doubled operating speeds over night and opened a whole new area of hardware and software development

the computer builds you are showing now for gaming are more powerful than the entire computer system used on the real A=10A aircraft flight simulator to train pilots in 1984.

I thought it would be good to come back and mention that the new skylake processors and the new and improved hm170 and cm236 mobile processors are awesome for the gaming computer and a welcome upgrade.

an ssd greatly improves boot up of games and the new m2 ssds are great too and can be plugged into an open port on the mother boards.

do remember that graphic card/video cards do run hotter and make sure your computer system is up to the job of cooling the  case. or a cooling tray for laptops

Edited by rediornot - 21 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900
JohnWho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:44pm
I've seen a lot of articles explaining "What is a Gaming Computer" and the OP here is as good as any.

Most simply state that the difference between a general purpose computer and a "gaming" one is the graphic capability - the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and I would agree somewhat.

But...(there's always a "but"), that isn't all.  If we are, and we mostly are, talking about units that push the ability of the system to provide "realistic" graphical environments, then obviously the more powerful CPU, higher amount of RAM, etc. comes into play.  

However, to me, a "Gaming PC" will have better graphic capabilities than a general purpose system, will require and have a more powerful Power Supply, and will require extra cooling.  

Arguably we could describe a Gaming PC with a Core i5 CPU, something many would agree is also a reasonable CPU for a general purpose system.  It would need a better GPU, more power, and better cooling than the other system.  

Just my 2 cents.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
rediornot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:52pm
Clap I have had my computer for quite a few months not and everything is running great, the computer is hot, but with a cooling pad and the built in boost cooling fan and the kickstand at the back I has worked fine. I finished the closed beta testing on path of exile and frame rate, frames per second and the latency were all in optimum limits even when in a 4 person party. my normal fps was around 64 with everything in ultra settings. I have just upgraded my internet from 15mb per sec to 50 and my uploads and downloads are awesome.Big smile
phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900
qwerty2002 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:13pm
TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic