FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Turning Off RGB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Servercat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turning Off RGB
    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:24pm
I'm looking for some help in turning off the RGB on my new system. It was nice for a moment, but its kinda ruining the whole theater/gaming den I was going for. :(

I have a
IN WIN 101 Mid Tower 
CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB 
CyberpowerPC Standard.

If someone can tell me how to or at least point me in the direction of the instructions on how to turn off the RGB it would be appreciated! Smile
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 6:37am
Without posting what all you ordered no one can help you with that because they don't know what you have for RGB. Post your build.
Servercat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 8:23am
The parts that are RGB I want to disable are the INWIN 101 Case, and the cyber power mouse/keyboard.

KB-161-101      CYBERPOWERPC MULTIMEDIA/INTERNET USB KEYBOARD          
MO-131-301      CYBERPOWERPC ELITE M1 131 7 COLOR GAMING MOUSE          
MO-PAD-101      CYBERPOWERPC GAMING MOUSE PAD                         

CU-218-201      OEM INTEL CORE I7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA1151 (COFFEE LAKE)                                                        
HD-504-762      256GB ADATA XPG ASX6000NP-256GT-C PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD    
HD-204-402      240GB WD GREEN SSD 2.5" SATAIII 6.0 GB/s                
HD-403-306      1TB HDD 3.5 SATAIII 7200RPM                            
RM-602-233      GEIL SUPER LUCE 8GB DDR4-3000 RGB LED MEMORY          
FA-104-116      CASE FAN 120 MM                                        
FA-WATER-104    ASETEK 550LC 120MM WATERCOOLER                          
FA-104-116      CASE FAN 120 MM                                      
FA-RING-101    INTEL 1150 RETENTION RING (ASETEK)                     
LABEL-101      CYBERPOWERPC SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER                    
CS-450-119      CYBERPOWERPC BLACK INWIN 101 MID TOWER CASE W/ TEMPERED GLASS RETAIL                                                              
MB-472-402      ASUS ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING ATX W/ RGB USB 3.1 SATA3  
PS-138-103      ATNG 1000 WATT 80 PLUS GOLD POWER SUPPLY               
VC-265-101      NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6                   
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 11:16am
That case lighting stays on when the PC is powered up. No way to disable that as far as I can tell. The mouse I know stays on because I have 2 of them which I don't use at all. Don't know about the CP keyboard.
mccar42 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccar42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 10:41am
I searched all over for this exact question a few weeks ago; this afternoon I was using my computer and for some reason decided to try the below, and it worked.

Press and hold the button just above the mouse wheel for about 5-10+ seconds, and the RGB will toggle on or off.
The two DPI buttons will still function as usual. However, the color will not display.

On my CyberPower PC, the same method worked to turn off the RGB inside the case.  At least the RGB that is assigned to the controller switch built into the front.  I assume if it is a "CyberPower" branded case vs. one of the premium cases, it should be similar to what I had.

Anyway, hold the buttons on top of your mouse for 10 seconds, and the light turns off.
gledder55 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gledder55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:28pm
I managed to disable the mouse light using these directions.  To do the same for the case, where is the button that I need to hold down?
UserOne View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UserOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:29pm
My Cyberpower Gamer Master case has a small round metal button on top at the front. Next to it is a symbol that is a circle with an "M" in it. This is for the case lighting mode. I haven't tried holding it down to turn them off, but that would be the button to try. I don't know what case you have, so it might not be in the same location. NOTE: In my case, the reset button is right next to the lighting mode button, and they are the same size. Don't push that button by mistake. Check the symbol carefully.

Edited by UserOne - 05 Dec 2019 at 6:31pm
jtbrown30 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtbrown30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:03pm
The same basic processes just worked for me with the new system I just got.  For the mouse, press and hold either of the buttons just under the scroll wheel and the lights go out, of if they are out, holding will turn it back on.

On my case (the ELUNA) on the top there is:
*power button
*mic and headphone jacks
*a pair of USB ports
*a small, unmarked square button

Pressing the unmarked square button turns the fan lights off or on.
wooliestmoon3 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wooliestmoon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:54pm
Depending on the case mine has 2 buttons for RGB one for the mode and one for the color of lights I just have to hold down both and the RGB shuts off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic