FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracer III Fan Boost + RGB Keyboard software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tmurley96 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tmurley96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracer III Fan Boost + RGB Keyboard software
    Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm
Hello,

I just received my Tracer III, the fan boost button does not work (located near the power button) and the RGB software they sent me does not work as well. They stated that I may need to re-install the drivers (chipset to be exact) which they sent me via email. I've re-installed ALL the drivers, does not fix my issue. Fans are not being detected, which they recommended I download HWMonitor, which still doesn't detect the fans even after reinstalling the drivers. They also included the RGB keyboard software in the link they directed me to for the drivers, this does not work for me either. 

After contacting customer support again to report this issue, all they said is that I need to send it back to fix it. Has anyone had success with fixing any of these issues?
Tmurley96 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tmurley96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:02pm
**UPDATE**
CyberPower doesn't know the product they're selling, the button by the power switches between Office/Gaming mode, not a fan boost button as stated in the manual. They also installed the wrong drivers to make the keyboard function properly. The software used to control keyboard and light bar colors is called Command Center, not MyAPP as stated in the manual. The driver file dump that I was advised to download contained irrelevant software for the Tracer III.
http://www.mechrevo.com/plus/search.php?typeid=25&kwtype=0&searchtype=title&keyword=Z2 is the website you'll want to go to in order to download the correct software for this laptop. The link you're looking for is named "MR Gaming Center软件". This software will let you control your fan curve, individual key LED, and allow you to monitor your temperatures.

Computer is all around solid; support and software is extremely lacking.

Edited by Tmurley96 - 29 Jun 2018 at 2:55pm
MBKennedy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBKennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:35pm
Interesting... the extra button definitely toggles the increased fan for me.  But I agree with you that their tech support has no idea what they're doing.
Sabtoker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabtoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:24pm
test

Sabtoker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabtoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:28pm
Tmurley 96

I went to the site and it is all in chinese.

None of the links say"MR Gaming Center软件"

Could you please count down on the site and tell me how many link from the top is the one that says "MR Gaming Center软件"

(for example.... the "MR Gaming Center软件" link is the 24th link from the top)

Much apprecited!!!
Risi14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risi14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 12:42am
Tmurley96 thanks mate! That did the trick!

Sabtoker when you go to the link Tmurley96 indicated, if you are using Chrome you can right click on the web page and choose the option "Translate to English", then you will see that the first link on top reads "MR gaming console (keyboard light system adjustment)". Click on the download link and you should get the file "GamingCenterU_1.0.0.23_Mechrevo.zip".

After you extract the folder, you might want to click the file setup.ini open. Once there, under the heading [App] you will find that the last line reads "Language = zh-cn". If you don't read Chinese, change "zh-cn" to "en-us" so that you understand the App menu (the installation menu is in English by default). Save changes done on the ini file, install the App, and it will load on start-up after the reboot.

EDIT: The fan button next to power button toggles fan between Office and Game modes and nothing else, like Tmurley96 indicates. This considering you have the same machine: TRACER III XTREME 17.

Edited by Risi14 - 27 Aug 2019 at 5:16am
jikifreaky View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jikifreaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:20pm
hey if anyone out there is still having problems with this on their tracer and because the links weren't working for me that the other people have provided. go to this link ----> http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Notebook/NB-408-109%20to%20NB-408-%2A%2B then click the GamingCenter_2.0.1.8_STD.zip file and run that.

steps in faster order...

and your keyboard shall be fixed. also you can uninstall the /myApp and the my color crap. 

happy birthday!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic