FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Touch Bar Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch Bar Not Working
    Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 10:05am
As stated in the title, my touch bar is not working on my laptop (Fangbook Evo HX7- I forget which #.) With most of the functions it is fine as I can easily find the FN keys corresponding with the specific function I desire. However, I cannot find the FN combination to turn on my laptops dedicated GPU fan.

I have fiddled around some thinking that maybe a unmarked FN key resulted in the disabling of the bar itself, but that came to no avail (not to say there is not a chance I completely missed it- knowing me it is very likely I did.) Also, S-Bar has a distinct lack of a fan control button. This kind of seems like bad engineering for such a important part of a gaming rig, assuming I'm not missing anything- but that is a different review for a different time. For right now, I just want this fixed.

::NOTE:: This issue has been fixed. Despite performing multiple shutdown and restart sequences during my "fiddling" stage, one final shutdown and reboot did the trick and everything is back in working order.

Edited by BenH - 06 Jul 2014 at 11:04am
fred5283 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred5283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:26pm
yea - not sure why they never added control for fan another way

cant even use 3rd party software

guess ill get the laptop from msi next time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic