FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Computer DOA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
00vette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00vette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer DOA
    Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:22am
This is the fourth computer that I ordered from Cyberpower. I was very disappointed in not only the fact that the computer was DOA, but also in the fact that the customer service people were like "oh well" The funny thing is that according to my order status, the quality control check was skipped. Of course, the customer service guy was like, "uh...don't know why that does not show anything there..." And my computer shows up DEAD...Now I get to wait another 3 weeks for the thing to get fixed. Nice Job CP
PcKiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:03am
Sorry to hear about your problems. Good Luck with getting it fixed.
I7 875K @ 4.13
16 GB 1,600 MHz RipjawX XMP
Asetek 570LX
1TB SATA 3
Galaxy GTX 580
Azza Solano 1000 Tower
850 Watt Tt PSU
RAT 7
G510 KB
T-40 Speakers
Aerocool Touch 2000
Crucial 128 SSD
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 10:34am
00vette

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Our technician had already provide RMA to service the system. Once we receive the system we'll make sure to address the issue regarding it. If you need any updates, please email to rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com and provide your RMA number or any references towards your account. Or you can PM to CyberHD for further assistance.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
00vette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00vette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 9:53am
Finally got an update. Somehow, even though the computer went through the "quality control" checks, both the power supply and the motherboard were bad. Of course, it took them 9 days to figure this out. I guess the UPS driver must have opened the box and used the computer for some serious gaming or something in order for both of these components to have gone bad in shipping.
BinaryBummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BinaryBummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:30am
Yeah yo know it..

UPS has gremlins in there planes and truck..  They never take the time to clean or eradicate them,  so in the end they do get in..
This is one captured here.

CP's automated assembly line during the day.. Errors happen only when there batteries run down and they require a hard reboot wiping all of what they did from there memory, "hence the Error happens"

This is CP after Hours..

Hope this sheds some light on matters.

Wink

Edited by BinaryBummer - 10 Dec 2010 at 10:41am
Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
Navarone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navarone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 3:38pm
You need to do your own QC when you get the computer and do it FIRST before powering up your computer.  I did and still missed an unconnected cable.  Not my fault for missing since there are SO MANY cables!
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

- Jack Handey -
hunter2618 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 3:58pm
binary
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
Todasengel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todasengel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 4:27pm
hahaha binary thats awesomee! haha and yea you always want to do your QC when you get your Computer lol Never hurt to make sure everything is where it belongs..unless you dont dont know everything should look or be connected, in that case there is no point lol :p

intel i5
ATI HD 5770
600 Watt Coolermaster PSU
32" Samsung 1080p TV
00vette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00vette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 8:30am
True...However, I do not think that looking for any loose connection would have diagnosed a bad power supply and motherboard...out of the box.
Todasengel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todasengel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:14am
True. What brand of power supply did you get? If you say XtremeGear or CyberPower brand then that should not be much of a surprise....

intel i5
ATI HD 5770
600 Watt Coolermaster PSU
32" Samsung 1080p TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic