Forum Name: Desktop
Forum Description: Anything about gaming Desktop
URL: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51373
Printed Date: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:03pm

Topic: Elite M1-131 Gaming Optical Mouse
Posted By: dforrest
Subject: Elite M1-131 Gaming Optical Mouse
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:45am
I have just bought a CyberpowerPC system and it includes an Elite M1-131 Gaming Optical Mouse.  No explanations for the use of the buttons or control of the lights (perhaps a "manual") or software is included.

Can anyone help?

Replies:
Posted By: TECHLORD
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm
Call CP, I believe there is S'ware you can D/L to control that mouse, will give you a link. They will explain how to use the buttons and chg colors, etc. This is if you have the "Pro" model. Not sure if you can D/L a driver for the basic model, but they can tell you how to use it.

-------------
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!

Posted By: Cyber_Tech2
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 3:58pm
Hey dforrest, if you just DM me I can help you if you like!

-------------
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:03am
Thanks Cyber_Tech2

Posted By: mistiko
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:40pm
I have the same problem.  Thanks. it says no mouse detected when i download the driver. thanks/

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by mistiko mistiko wrote:

I have the same problem.  Thanks. it says no mouse detected when i download the driver. thanks/

Same problem as me.

Cyber_Tech2 could you post some information here?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
will be very helpful. Thank you!!

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:29pm
Will be very helpful, Thank you!!

Posted By: neodymium3
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
I am also having this issue. I have tried just about everything to make the software recognize the mouse. I have tried USB 3 and USB 2. Numerous compatibility modes. Regardless of what I try I can not use any of the customization functions due to the program not recognizing the mouse.

Has anyone been successful in using the software with this mouse since the date listed for the latest version of the software.

Posted By: Jdrkangl
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:42pm
I am also having this problem. The program doesn't recognize the mouse regardless of where the mouse is plugged in. Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 2:02am
I have had some discussion with Cyber_Tech2 on this and it seems that the mouse button programming is only available in the Pro version of the mouse.  The "special offer" we have is not the Pro version.

Posted By: Jdrkangl
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:26am
That is lame. Well thanks for the info though :)

Posted By: garybarth
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm
I have the basic 400dpi gaming mouse, and I now guess that there isn't any drivers for it, either? Is there some reason that CP supplies mice with no set-up software? I have an Anker gaming mouse that can be used, but I'd like to try the CP mouse first. Got an inquiry in to their tech support.

-------------
-= Gary =-

Posted By: Cliffs
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:04pm
Have to bump this as there has been no answer.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by dforrest dforrest wrote:

I have had some discussion with Cyber_Tech2 on this and it seems that the mouse button programming is only available in the Pro version of the mouse.  The "special offer" we have is not the Pro version.

This was the answer.

Posted By: Loren
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:05am

I'm just now finding out that this mouse, included with my cyberpowerPC desktop gaming system and listed as a 'gaming mouse', which was one of the selling points of the deal, is NOT actually a gaming mouse at all, it's just made to look exactly like one. NONE of these extra buttons can be used in ANY game that I own.

This is false advertising, and I'm taking off 2 stars from my 5-star review, effective right now.

The least they could have done would be to explain that they weren't actually including a programmable gaming mouse, so that people like me wouldn't have to spend hours/days looking for a solution that is intentionally kept away from people who purchase the product, like was done in this thread. I am now at the mercy of microsoft's horrible default mouse driver which lags my mouse badly after a windows 10 update, because the driver for this mouse DOES NOT WORK.

I either want my non-pro version mouse driver, or my pro version mouse, and I'm tempted to change my review to ONE STAR simply because I've been intentionally misled.

[EDIT] I just did that. All of my games which require fast mouse action are now unplayable, and there's no way to fix this issue without buying a new mouse. You can bet it will NOT be a CP one, professional or not. I've been lied to once already...

Posted By: ReverendTed
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 4:29pm
For anyone else searching for "Documentation" of the CyberPowerPC Elite M1-131 Gaming Mouse controls and features:
The Elite "Pro" is customizable, while the Elite is almost entirely not. To my knowledge, as of this posting, custom drivers are only available for the Pro.
The Elite buttons are as follows:
- Standard Left, Right and Scroll Wheel with Center click
- Two smaller buttons on top that increase or decrease the DPI (sensitivity).  As the DPI increases, it ALSO changes the colors of the LED pulse through the following options: Red - Orange - Yellow - Green - Light Blue - Dark Blue - Purple - Pink.  The LED will pulse the color corresponding to its DPI setting while the mouse is active.  After sitting idle, the LED pulse will cycle through the colors.
- Forward\Next and Back\Previous side buttons (on the left) with a Double-Click button in between
- Exact Control button below the Forward\Next button that lowers DPI while held for enhanced precision

I too also surprised to find that the Elite M1-131 Gaming Mouse did not have any available customization (or documentation).
I think it was $3 with my build, and I already have a Logitech G403 I'm perfectly happy with, so I'm not too bent out of shape, but I suspect it's trivially-modified from the Pro version to disable the additional features (as opposed to the Pro having any extra hardware).
I've moved it into service on my old PC, but the most irksome thing for me is that (as far as I can tell), there's no way to turn off the constant pulsing LED - it's just distracting.
I also got a CyberPowerPC Gaming Keyboard free with my build, and couldn't figure out how to change the LED colors at first.  I'll admit to feeling a little silly once I saw a YouTube video pointing out there's a lighting button on the keyboard between the ALT and FN buttons.

Undocumented feature of the CyberPowerPC Gaming Keyboard:
Hold the FN button and tap the lighting button to set the keyboard LEDs into a slow strobe through the different colors.  Tap the lighting button again to return to solid-color mode.

Posted By: sloppysekkunds
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 8:16am
^Thanks Rev! Good info. Just got the same mouse and keyboard in yesterday and having the same issues as everyone else. Oh well, guess that's what to expect with free upgrades. Time to shop for upgrades.

Posted By: JoFlo
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:23pm
I have the cyberpower elite m1- 131 and when I play shooter games, my mouse wont let me aim and shoot at the same time. I changed the keybinds but nothing seems to take affect. Someone please help 

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:21am
Do you have the "PRO" version of the mouse?  Only this works with the configuration software.

Posted By: Deanm
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Having issues with this same mouse, i believe the button to decrease DPI is broken. It is soft when pressed and does nothing, i hear something rattling around inside. Is there possibly a way to just open this thing and fix it myself?

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:23am
If the mouse is still having the issue please shoot me a DM and I will be happy to help you. My first questions is have you guys all tried our driver center for the mouse? 

-------------
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:25am
http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/Mouse/CYBERPOWERPC%20ELITE%20PRO%20M1/GamingMouse.zip

-------------
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Posted By: Cliffs
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:49pm
Cyber_Tech2, you aren't understanding most of us. We don't have the PRO model; we have a basic model. Is there anything we can do to program that?

Posted By: WeyrleaderZor
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 3:36pm

I have just bought a CyberpowerPC system and it includes an Elite M1-131 Gaming Optical Mouse.  No explanations for the use of the buttons or control of the lights (perhaps a "manual") or software is included.

Can anyone help?

I have the exact same one. The drivers listed elsewhere in this thread don't seem to do anything. 

I have seen the sensitivity control buttons change the colors, among a rotation of preset options, but this is tied to the DPI setting. I don't want the speed to change but would LOVE an alternative to the strobing color option that is set to my preferred speed. 

Also, between the "forward" and "back" browser control buttons is a third one that seems to do nothing. Likewise forward of that (and quite hard to reach) on the right side is another button that seems to have no function. Anyone have a manual for this thing? LOL

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
 I don't know. Can you tell me or show me what the difference is. 

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 3:56pm
 I don't know. Can you tell me or show what the difference is?

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
 I don't know. Can you tell me or show me what the difference is?|

Posted By: mac.tierney
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:06pm
I have the (CYBERPOWERPC ELITE PRO M1 131 RGB 8200DPI W/ 9 PROGRAMMABLE BUTTON, ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT AND LIGHTING EFFECTS GAMING MOUSE) and I'm trying to figure out how to change the LED colors without messing with the sensitivity, or even pair it with the PC itself can someone please help me!

Posted By: .clade
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:26pm
don't know if i should make a new thread for this or not, but i've only used my elite m1-131 gaming optical mouse on a few separate occasions (probably an hour of use in total) and while it works fine for the most part, the rear led color-changing button got stuck. i can't even get it to change the color anymore. oof. if there's some way to fix that (or maybe exchange it for a working model idk) that would be spectacular. i've only had my cyberpowerpc computer for a week now and besides this i've been overjoyed by its performance. :)

p.s: where do i find my customer id/invoice #?

Posted By: UncleMoki
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 7:38am
Just got a GMA3000BST and was wondering the same thing.  Didn't realize there was a "pro" version of the mouse but tried installing the software anyway ... no luck ... mouse not even detected.

So I guess the buttons are hard-wired to do what they do?  The Pro software showed the defaults for the Pro and it seems to match, though it doesn't let me make any adjustments.  From clicking the buttons on mine, this is what it seems to do:
  • Left Click
  • Right Click
  • Scroll - Scroll Content
  • Scroll Click - Scroll Screen
  • Buttons under Scroll - Mouse LEDs (?)
  • Side Button Front - Browser Forward
  • Side Button Center - Double Click
  • Side Button Back - Browser Backward
  • Side Button Low - "Exact Control"

Posted By: zumby
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:28pm
I made a video about this mouse, check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuopfR6sfbw&t=5s

Posted By: Tallen757
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:01am
I downloaded the cyberpowerPC gaming mouse software but doesn't react or open up when I click on it. Any help? Thanks.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:12am
Do you have the PRO version of the mouse?

Posted By: flynnibus
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Tallen757 Tallen757 wrote:

I downloaded the cyberpowerPC gaming mouse software but doesn't react or open up when I click on it. Any help? Thanks.

only the pro version of the mouse can be configured via the software.  

the software will install a desktop icon, you can use that to open the app.

Posted By: L8rhosen
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 11:13pm
I am also having a problem. I downloaded the GamingMouse software, but it keeps saying it can\t find the mouse, even when I do a rescan of USB

Posted By: CrazyDalmation
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 11:33pm
i think it's bugged or something

Posted By: L8rhosen
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 11:35pm
Is there any other way to reprogram the buttons? That's the entire reason I bought a system with a gaming mouse..

Posted By: Kylewisneski
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 3:12pm
Can anyone tell me all the led colors and the corrosponding dpi setting? 

Posted By: GojiKCP
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
 Unfortunately, if the mouse isn't being detected by the software, thank the CyberPower team. The Elite M1 131 is NOT the same with the Elite PRO M1 131 which is completely sad considering they are not only near identical, but practically the same thing. If you have the regular, you can't change anything about the mouse. Despite the mouse looking great (in my eyes, a way more sleek Logitech G903 with a RGB light ring, better fit for FPS), you CANNOT change the RGB coloring. The mouse has independent RGB LEDs too (11 LEDs I could spot). As far as I know, the DPI can also not be changed. The only way to differentiate the two is the grey/silver color in the middle of the mouse. The feel for the mouse is great too and frankly, I'm a little disappointed, but hey I bought a PC and they gave me a free mouse. Still gonna use my Logitech G203. 

Only way for me to use this mouse, make a program to change the DPI. That is almost a must for a gaming mouse. The lack of RGB I can deal with, but I prefer to have it off or make the LEDs actually addressable. Yes, it wouldn't make it any different between it and the PRO, but there barely are any differences in the first place.

Print Page | Close Window