FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Power supply - testing for faulty power supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:23am
xPhantom

You can disconnect other components attached to the PSU if you like, its your preference. I would advise next please post in our support section for assistance. Also please PM your customer number to CyberHD if you need further assistance.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
jessica316anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessica316anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:26am
I am having a similar problem with my PC. When I play certain games it acts like it is overheating almost and shuts off on its own, I have to plug it in a different outlet on the power strip in order to turn it on again. I am wondering what is causing this problem? I am pretty certain not the power supply bc I have tested it with other outlets and power strips... but I could be wrong, PLEASE HELP!! That is the whole reason I bought this PC pretty much is for gaming. THX!!
Orlyy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 3:35pm
Jessica, do tell your CPU temps. 
singleshot71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singleshot71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:00pm
OK, did you plug the monitor into the NEW gpu or the MB i/o shield?
Daniel1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 1:32pm
I just recieved my HAF 912 after a 27 day wait. I was using it and it froze i tried restarting it a few times it showed power but wouldnt load, so I flipped the switch in the back to off than switched it back on I hear a serge smell pastic burning now my pc is dead. It was also plugged into a serge protector, I ve tried emailing CP called tech sup 7 times no answer, I had the pc less than 12 hours before this happened. I am wondering if it was my xtremegear 600 watt power supply that fried and what should i do now, i am unsure if the warranty covers it? I also dont want to send my pc get it fixed get it back it lasts for 12 hours and breaks again.
Kemoclaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kemoclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:20pm
I can honestly tell you the issue was the 600 watt Xtremegear power supply. Those are complete and utter crap. They arent even worth using as a paper weight. Warranty should cover it. But if i were you i would go to newegg and buy a good PSU. Because if you send your PC back they will just install another xtremegear PSU which will end up doing the same thing in the end.  When buying a PC you need top buy quality parts. Remember, you get what you pay for.  As the xtremegear is the cheapest PSU option, you pay for the cheapest peice of crap.  Get a Corsair/coolermaster or Thermaltake toughpower PSU to replace the one you have.
I7-2600K OC 4.0 GHz
Corsair 8GB XMS
SC EVGA GTX 570 1.2 GB
Asetek 570LX
TT Toughpower XT 875w
Gigabyte Z68MA MB
Killer Xeno Pro
Xion Predator 970
Thabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 6:51am
I second what Kemoclaw said, my mobo and GPU arrived DOA or killed by PSU on start up.
Fang 3 Viper
Azza 3000
i7-2600K
CP Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM
120GB Corsair Force Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz (Kingston HyperX)
Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68
800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready=DOA
HD 6970 2GB=DOA
made some changes during RMA:
Thermaltake TP-1200M Silver
asked for gpu to be shipped not installed on mobo due to it's weight and I live  on the east coast, way to many bumps from here to Cali. So reduce Murphy's Law in damage of gpu.
Note: The PC ran great with mobo graphics.So fast with game loading,OS loading not to mention it looked great. CyberPower also installed some nice green coolant.not to be ungratefull but the Fang 3's red and black...why green coolant? anywho thinking it should be back by 4/27/12 if the work orders stay consistent.
First start up on video, click time stamp in details 1:07.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAJ8lbb11M&feature=g-upl&context=G2522079AUAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Thabe - 06 Apr 2012 at 7:12am
AniTheDeadly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AniTheDeadly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 6:52am
Sometime, when activating my computer from sleep mode, my computer fails to startup and goes through multiple reboots, until I have to do a force shut down by pressing and holding the power switch. Then it starts up just fine.

My system is Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE.

What could be the problem? I am willing to provide more information about my system if someone can explain. If this is not the right place to post, please redirect me to the correct place to post.

thanks
trxstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trxstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 3:31pm
Model No: ATX-CB800W where i can get
maxy345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:14am
Great...I will try this..!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic