FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

PC Wont turn on always and wont restart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tyler4283 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler4283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC Wont turn on always and wont restart
    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:47pm
Got a PC back in February and tonight out of nowhere wouldnt start. Unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in and a amber light on the motherboard would flash but nothing else. Sometimes the amber light and the leds would would flash like it would startup but then nothing. Sometimes it would bootup, but when i would turn it off or restart, it wouldnt at all. I tried different outlets, power strips and all. Everything is snug inside and plugged in. Need some more help. Its under warrenty but dont wanna have to go that far yet. Thanks!

SPECS:
RYZEN 7 3700x 3.6 GHz
16 GBDDR
AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

Model number: GMA4400BST
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:29pm
I hope there is no Standard PSU in your build. 
I also hope you ordered it here and bought the return shipping warranty for 1 year. So get an RMA if you did , because return shipping is high. If not test the PSU , watch a You Tube video to see how. Replace it with a trusted brand bronze or better if needed. Then you might not have to wait weeks to get it back.
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
Tyler4283 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler4283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:22pm
I did the paperclip test and the PSU works fine. I sadly think it maybe the motherboard. I bought it from best buy and they never offered the Return Warranty. Ill have to call support and see what they will do reguarding this. Its ridiculous 5 months in and it dies on me.
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:24am
BESTBUY wont do much for you. 

Get your RMA and send it back for CyberpowerPC to fix under warranty. Shipping will be a killer

A local shop might be able to send the mobo back for a free replacement under factory warranty. You will need to prove when you bought it. Their labor should be less than shipping fees twice,  Good luck! 
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
Tyler4283 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler4283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:46am
I have all of the reciepts. So I can bring it to a local shop, they diagnose the problem, then I call CP for replacement parts and they send the parts underwarrenty? Is that how it works?

Edited by Tyler4283 - 02 Aug 2020 at 4:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic