FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

OverClock Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanguard187 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanguard187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OverClock Help
    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:37pm
So upfront i'm kinda a newbie. I ordered this PC "

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5"

Like a year or two ago. Because of Covid I've been bored so I've been playing more games and noticed a lot of memory lag. It only comes with 8gb of ram so I thought I'd upgrade it. I ordered 2x16 Crucial DDR4-2666 UDIMM. After some work I finally got it installed. When I turned the PC back on it wanted me to go to BIOS to show me that my overclock is no longer turned on or working because of the new RAM. So I decided to just mess around a little. I noticed a setting called Memorize it! or something to that effect. I changed that to the 2666 and from then on I began my race against time. When the PC would start it would start by saving the Gamer thing before it loaded windows then just shut off and cycle that. My guess is somehow I stopped the system from being able to use the RAM by that one little switch. So what I started to do was try and hit F11 get to bios change the setting back to disabled then save it before the computer shut off to turn back on. This tested all of my patience and dexterity. Eventually after 30 minutes Everything fell into place. When you are in Bios the mouse speed is extremely abnormal so controlling the mouse to go exactly where you want is difficult at the best of times. Anyway, yes Finally I was able to disable that setting and the PC booted Windows and then I came straight here. Are there any step by step tutorials on what buttons I should or should Not click to set up a new OC profile. Or better yet is there like something I can download that isa  premade Profile? Thanks for all your help and reading my long story.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic