FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ordered ATI.. What brand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hayzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 3:15pm
i was chatting with philip the other day, he told me that the brand that they had for the 4870 x2 was Palit.....i had never heard of them before...not sure how good they are..
Munch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 4:38pm
So far My Sapphire is working great too...
CoolerMaster Centurion 590
I7-920 2.66
smsng 20X DVD RW
2X500g HD raid0
CM V8
GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
Vista� Home Prem X64
CyberPower 800W PSU
ATI HD 4870 1GB
Munnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 11:55am
I got a HIS 4870 X2.
Coolio831 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolio831 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:17pm
I got an XFX Radeon 4670 it looks sweet, and runs very cool!

EDIT: whoa i just brought a thread back from the grave, oops.

Edited by Coolio831 - 15 Jan 2010 at 12:17pm
I got a spare car battery in the garage that I can rig a 12V rail to for your next budget config.... not only could it be SLI/XFire ready, but its Honda ready too. - By MotoriousRacing
Bamsmacked88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamsmacked88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:49pm
I ordered a ATI Radeon 5770.

I also got a Crossfire ready PSU, and Motherboard so hopefully the card is Crossfire ready and is from a decent manufacturer.
georgekn3mp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgekn3mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:24pm
I have seen someone on here who got an OEM-version 5770 which was short one DVI-D port so Eyefinity wouldn't work with 3 monitors.
SATA-III/RAID
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7968&PID=63170#63170

i7-920
AsusP6x58D SATA6 USB3
ATI 5850
6GB A-Data 1600Mhz
LCLC120
Asus 26" VW266H
TTV3 Black
1TB HD
Bamsmacked88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamsmacked88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 12:42am
I got a HIS 5770.
hondoshaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondoshaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:59pm
Hey I have a question dealing with this, kinda.. I have a Sapphire 5870 1gig and orderd a new Cyberpower with a 5870.  Will I be able to CrossfireX them regaurdless of manufactuer? as long as its the same speed and size?
here is my current card if anyone cares lol

thanks in advance!

-Honz
Cellsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cellsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 7:24pm
I have yet to see pics of a CP computer that has the dual-dvi's. I was told that CP doesn't typically install dual-dvi cards so if you read this and got one you were lucky!

Powercolor seems to be the brand of choice. I'm shocked that Phillip told you what brand you were getting (someone posted this a few posts back) I begged for 3 days and the best I could get was a rattling off of 4 brands they carry.

I'm planning on ordering another 5750 for crossfire but I'm getting the second on Amazon for F-day. I was hoping to get the brand so I could order the same exact card (aesthetics are important to me).

If the card isn't crossfirex compatible then I'm sending it back. However, I've never seen a 5750 that isn't crossfirex compatible so I wouldn't worry about that.

To answer your question: Yes, any 5870 is compatible no matter what brand. Look here (link down below) for a compatibility chart as you could also crossfire a 59 if you wanted to. The last time I checked the better card downgrades to the lower card's speed. You might want to think about ordering your second card from New Egg if you prefer a brand or want certain ports on your card because CP doesn't guarantee anything.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/content/images/crossfirex/CF_combo_chart.jpg

Edited by Cellsp - 11 Jun 2010 at 7:29pm
BinaryBummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BinaryBummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by hondoshaver hondoshaver wrote:

Hey I have a question dealing with this, kinda.. I have a Sapphire 5870 1gig and orderd a new Cyberpower with a 5870.  Will I be able to CrossfireX them regaurdless of manufactuer? as long as its the same speed and size?
here is my current card if anyone cares lol

thanks in advance!

-Honz

Yes you should be able to fully CF those cards regardless of brand.

Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic