FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No clue what's going on with my RMA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
huntleco View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntleco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No clue what's going on with my RMA
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:08am
So about 3 weeks ago I received a DOA computer, I understand these things happen. However the fact that there is no rush shipping for a product that was sent to me that didn't work, nor rush repair is very unfortunate. I received an email beginning of last week saying that the computer was scanned in and should begin being worked on, however I was informed today, a week later, that they didn't start looking at it til yesterday. So that's two weeks added onto the 7-14 days of repair, which is frustrating. I will have to make payments on a product that doesn't work and that I don't have, which is not right and I shouldn't have to pay until I receive a working product.. A computer company should be able to figure out whats wrong with the computer as it only took about 10 minutes for myself to figure out whats wrong. I understand that there are other computers and orders being worked on, but don't understand how I get an email claiming the repair has started, to only find out a week later that it didn't actually start until yesterday. There should be rush or priority on products that were shipped DOA, not returned after 3 months for a problem. This is unacceptable and very infuriating.
Whitesoulz View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitesoulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:25am
I understand, in the same boat. Highly doubt I'll be buying a CP Computer again if they continue this up. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:02am
CP has always lacked in CS & QC. Nothing new. It sure is tantamount to a lie for telling you work has started when it has not. Doesn't surprise me.

A lesson for anyone who is buying.

Come to the build section and post what your looking at, what it is for and your maximum budget. The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build, sometimes saving you cash. Some issues are the result of people trying to save cash and buying low end parts.

Shipping a system without the ultra care packing is not suggested. The way these get bounced around by UPS is scary.

Currently getting a system without the extended warranty is not a great idea. This gets you a full year of free shipping. CP used to provide 30 day free RMA. They recently changed that (a completely shameful idea), so if you don't get the premium warranty you have to pay to ship a dead out of the box system back. I wish they would just go ahead and include this premium warranty with every system period.

CP fails with good testing before they ship period. They do a minimal amount. Always good to at least run Intel Burn In on standard and Memtest (5 passes) when you get a system.

If you do have an issue, get on the message board, post your full build specs and what is happening. Sometimes the membership can help you work through the problem or at least isolate it. Then you can RMA an individual component instead of the whole system.

CP systems are not cookie cutters and if a person can't do some basic work (even though they should not have to) you shouldn't get a system here. These are custom systems with an outrageous amount of customization's possible. You don't get that with cookie cutters. 

With all this CP fails with CS & QC. If they ever get their act together on this, they won't be able to be beat. You still can't get systems with this many choices anywhere else for the same cost. It's even hard to buy components yourself and assemble a system for the same price as CP with their  bulk purchasing power. They can even get with manufactures and have them produce CP specific components.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

huntleco View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntleco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:59am
Honestly went with them because of monthly payments, it was easier on the financial side for me. I didn't even see an option for ultra care packaging. They did pay for the shipping back and are giving me 3 day ground when the RMA is finished. I RMA'd the whole machine because after talking with a few people who know PC's very well and tested certain things, they were fairly certain that the mobo was dead. I would've sent that back but there was a sticker on the CPU cooler that said if detached the warranty was voided, so i didn't want to take a chance. I had 0 problems with purchasing a shipping and was very excited when it first arrived, however this whole repair process is shameful.
MoshedBrotatoe View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoshedBrotatoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:15pm
In the same boat as you, except my mobo went bad a few months after receiving the product.
I guess its on me cause I didnt pay for the warranty shipping, so it cost me about $100 in shipping just to RMA the system back haha.

It was almost debating just ordering a new mobo and replacing it myself for about 40 bucks more. But I went ahead and did the RMA. Hopefully the rest of this process goes smooth.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitesoulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:34pm
Look at this guys:

Jun 12 at 11:41 AM

Dear ******, your package for RMA# 3***** has been received. Please do not reply to this email, since replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored box. For status updates please email [email protected] and include your customer and RMA numbers in the message. 

One month later... NADA! 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitesoulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:46am
Dear *****
D*****
The service tech indicates that they had addressed the fan issue. Now, if you have any issues with the system please contact our office and we will get this resolved for you. 

A pleasure to be of service,

Thank you,

HAHAHAHAHHAHA BUT THE FAN IS STILL THE WRONG [email protected]! WTF 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic