Topic ClosedNew Customers - please read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Althalus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Customers - please read
    Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 1:16am
New Customers -
Let's talk about quality.

Power Supply -*** DO NOT BUY STANDARD POWER SUPPLIES*** they can fry your pc. Buy Corsair or CoolerMaster

SSDs- DO NOT BUY any SSD with the Sandforce controller in them. The following SSDs don't have it. SAMSUNG SSDs, and OCZ Vertex4, and OCZ Agility4. Most recommend the OCZ SSDs in particular. (OCZ the most experienced.) The purpose of SSDs are to make your OS a lot faster, and your commonly played games and applications. For example, my computer boots up in 10 seconds. Games launch almost instantly if not instantly, depending. (I own the 256GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD) Update:Samsung has been added and they also are a good purchase for SSDs

RAM - DO NOT buy Corsair or major brand RAM. The major brand ram usually is low quality and doesn't last the life cycle of your PC. Make sure it's named ram. (For example:Ripjaw, Patriot, Vengeance, etc.)

Finally it is FAR better to buy and customize your PC from this site, and NOT to buy their pre-built PCs from bestbuy or amazon as they tend to come built with their standard power supplies, and standard RAM, which is not as good of quality as what I discussed above.

Liquid Cooling - DO NOT choose the Cyberpower brand liquid cooling, unless you don't mind having an open ended liquid cooling system that requires maintenance. The rest of the liquid cooling systems are factory sealed to prevent leaking, closed loop systems that require no maintennance. Most commonly recommended are the Asetek and Thermalpro liquid cooling. I recommend dual standard push/pull option for better efficiency of cooling regardless of choice. Avoid Enermax options as it's silent, but less efficient. Push/pull is pretty silent.

Noise Reduction options:Uncessary, and can restrict airflow, don't buy them.

Care options: Only one necessary is the packaging option, they do an awesome wiring job without professional wiring option selected, and the paste they use is fine without buying the upgraded stuff.

I hope this helps all of Cyberpower PC's new customers have a better experience and proper expectations going forward with their purchases.

I assure you, they are a great company to do business with once you a knew a few things. Please feel free to post your build here first before buying, as you will get assistance from me or another senior member within 24 hours usually. We are pretty on point around here. Some of the more senior people to look for besides myself are DGWalker, GAN1957, Planeguy, and Rhyalus.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of cyberpowerpc, nor am I claiming to represent their opinions in this post. I am just a member who is quoting to you common advice given by me and other Senior Members of this community who are trying to help customers have a good shopping experience by getting the most bang for your buck.

Edited by Althalus - 21 Jan 2013 at 11:01pm
bigdcobia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:14am
Great info A....I did do most of what you recommened. I even called after I placed my order and switched from WIN 8 to WIN 7...Not hearing anything good about WIN 8. Luckily they updated my order...Mine is supposed to ship out on 12/27...I don't anticpate that happening, but I am hopeful it will go out within a week after that. Guess we shall see...I will keep everyone posted...Wink
Althalus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 5:58pm
Glad to hear it, hope you enjoy your new system. :)
Althalus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 1:14am
Bump - sticky please
Rhyalus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:04am
Check out THIS thread, Althalus... I think we got a lot done here - it was never stickied.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23088

I brought that thread back to the top, FYI.

R

Edited by Rhyalus - 03 Jan 2013 at 4:09am
i7-8700K / Gigabyte Aorus 5
Corsair H110i
16GB DDR4 RAM
3TB HDD
1TB WD Blue SSD
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 8GB
Phantek Enthoo Pro
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:35am
Hey "R" as I said YOUR BACK!!!!!

I constantly use your thread as a link for people asking questions or having issues.

HAPPY NEW YEAR,,,,, WOO HOO
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Althalus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:34pm
LOL Thanks Rhyalus, that is a nice thread you put together. :)
Jnoble212 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 2:24pm
This is very helpful.
ramprat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 9:09pm
Hi,new to Cyberpower and the forums, hope I did ok on my build. Ordered it before I read this. Zalman Z9 Plus mid-tower case ( hope it has four fans because that is what it shows but invoice only shows 2) I5-3570K OC 10%, Intel OC PLAN, Gigabyte GA Z77 MOBO, 16gb of ram (Corsair XMS at 1866mhz) AMD Radeon 7870 2gb graphics card, 2TB HDD, 2 optical drives, Extremegear 800w psu and the good packaging, pro wiring and thermal paste. Corsair Hydro H60 with the push-pull fan option. OS is Windows 7 Professional.  TTL cost w/shipping 1269.00 Will be used for FSX GOLD  and other flight sim games. Only concern is the case. Hope they gave me the one I paid for.

Edited by ramprat - 20 Jan 2013 at 8:42am
ramprat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:02pm
Looks like i messed up. Ordered mine before i joined and read about this psu. No chance they could have fixed them is there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic