FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Review thus Far

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fgow55 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fgow55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Review thus Far
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:03am
Ok so I received my PC yesterday. I only had time to rearrange my desk and set it up.  I will stress tonight.

Overall I am very pleased thus far.  System looks impressive if you are into seeing the rigs nuts and bolts.

Pros

-Ordering was easy and I was able to configure it to my needs.

-Order processed in the time frame CP stated.

-Communicating with the sales rep was easy.

-I ordered standard packaging and honestly I don’t know what else they could have done to make sure this PC made it one piece.  The packaging was excellent.

-I had a small issue with a case fan and their Tech Support was exceptional in dealing with the issue.

Cons

-Not really anyone’s fault but I was unable to change the order due to the volume sales at the time.

-The water cooler has deep scratches on the outside edge of the cooling block.

-One of the case fans was not functioning.  I have contacted them and I am to get a RMA for it.

-The hard drive was inserted into its bay at an angle and wire tied down I had to disconnect the drive and reinsert it properly. 

-The analog front panel connector was not plugged in.  It was in the right location but not connected.

On the last few issues I understand these people are trying to get a lot of computers build for the holiday rush.  I just don’t understand how this can make it through Quality Control.  The case fan has a LED ring in it and you obviously see it isn’t working.  I am the Quality Control manager at a manufacturing facility and if this were to make it through our QA Dept. I would have some strong four letter words for people.

I would recommend a PC from them for someone with a caution to completely check all connections prior to firing it up.

Over all thus far I would give them an A-

I will have more to follow once I am able to stress test the PC. 

Edited by fgow55 - 14 Dec 2016 at 10:22am
fgow55 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fgow55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 6:41am
I was able to stress test the pc Wednesday. Everything went well during the test. Processor was running at 72c little warmer than i thought for a liquid cooler. But nothing to worry me. I loaded up WoW and was setting the functions on the mouse when it shut down. Spent two hours trying to find the problem and finally just went to bed. Woke up yesterday and hooked up an old PSU to the mobo only still nothing. Finally i pulled the graphics card out and it fired right up. Moved it to different slots would not turn on. So i called CP and they are sending a new case fan and a graphics card. Thank god i have an old one i can use for now. Non the less again the customer support service was attentive and exceptional.   More to follow when the parts get here in two weeks.
fgow55 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fgow55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:54pm

I wanted to check back in and post my final review of the customer service experience.  I received my new video card and case fan on 12/30 put both in and everything is running smooth.  Again the customer service throughout this process was exceptional.

I made a comment in my second post regarding internal temps running in the low 70’s when I stress tested the CPU and GPU.  When I ran the tests it was with 2 of the three front case fans working.  After installing the third one and running the tests again it managed to drop the Temp to the 62 – 67.  I was pleased with that.  The only thing I need to do now is replace the power supply because I didn't specify a non standard one.  Was going to just throw and old on in it but I am going to buy a new EVGA SuperNova 850 watt modular when it goes on sale.

I am very pleased with this purchase and all the assistance along the way from CP's Customer Service.  

I have no reservation with recommending them in the future to any avid PCer I know.

Thank you Cyberpower you have earned my future business.

PS when I get a chance I will throw a Pic in the Pic section of the boards.

Edited by fgow55 - 10 Jan 2017 at 1:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic