FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marcusg102 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcusg102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboard swap
    Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:59am
Hi, I have an old Cyperpower C Series desktop and I'm thinking about upgrading it by replacing everything but the case. The motherboard I want to get is a Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, Will this board fit with no problem? To be specific my case is identical to the Cyberpower GUA 3400A case.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:46am
Generally any "mid-tower" will fit an ATX MOBO. This case is no longer on the website and hardly anything comes up when you search for it. It appears to be a mid-tower, so with you looking to put a "micro-ATX" MOBO in it, no problem.

Why would go with a "micro ATX MOBO"? Generally the smaller platform will also limit the options you can get.

Not trying to be insulting here. Since your looking at replacing "everything" but the case are you capable of doing so? Having done so myself several times, I stopped building unless I really just want to do it for something to do.

Even searching around for the best deal on components, buy the time you buy everything you need your not going to save much over just having CP build a new one. They buy in such bulk it makes it hard to save. Then you have your time and no help but yourself if something goes wrong.

If your not into gaming look around, if your into gaming try posting your Max budget and what you want the system for. The membership will chime in with suggestions and some pricing/ Then you can compare and see it is worth your while.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic