FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long techsupport reply time for RMA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trin429 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trin429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long techsupport reply time for RMA?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:51pm
Alright, here's the story

So after getting my cyberpowerpc unit from Amazon around the start of December, I've had the chance to enjoy it for a while. But, after only a month of gaming, something went wrong. My pc shut down while I was gaming and a "POP" sound occurred, followed by a strong burnt smell. Turns out the gpu somehow one way or another failed. I emailed techsupport twice asking for an RMA. A few days later, I got a reply with a ticket asking me for my info so that they can register my pc for warranty services. Cool, I thought, I'm closer to getting my replacement card already. A few more days later, I got another email. I thought they had finally registered my system, but it turns out it was a  reply to my 2nd RMA request email. They gave me a brand new ticket, and were asking for my info again. I thought it was strange, but nevertheless, I sent them my info again along with my old ticket number. Now, it's halfway through January and I still don't have any news from techsupport. 

This is my first system from Cyberpowerpc, so I'm wondering if these techsupport speeds are normal. I really want to receive my replacement gpu as soon as possible, as buying a new one just isn't worth it with the mining craze going on right now. If anyone can help me with my RMA process, I'd be really thankful. I don't want to end up emailing techsupport back and forth for months.
yrly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:24pm
I put in for an RMA on my keyboard that shipped with the system and it took them several weeks to get back to me (I put it in on 12/27 and just got it today). Well in the interim of constantly typing the non working 5 key eventually started working. Iím not sure Iíll even bother repacking it at this point. I guess Iíve got two weeks to send it back so Iíll type with it the next week and see what happens, I live in a rural town not close to a UPS store and scheduling a pickup is a pain. They did say though they were busy for Christmas.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:43am
@Trin429

I hate to tell you most likely your PSU fried. We always suggest people to come the message boards first, post a max budget and what the system is for. The membership will jump in and suggest solid builds and get you the 5% discount code.

Most all the off the shelf builds and third party sellers have the "standard" PSU. These are junk, at least will provide uneven power, have a high failure rate and have been know to FRY systems. If you open the case and look at the brand a Coolmaster, Corsair, EVGA, XFX or Thermaltake are decent brands. If it did go it may have also fried other components.

You can do the paper clip test to tell if the PSU is bad in most cases. Here is a link for it. >>> http://https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/power-supply-testing-for-faulty-power-supply_topic2881.html

If you don't have that system in yet for repair, the next thing you may hear is that your 30 day FREE RMA has expired and now it will cost you to send it in for repairs. Once you get it in your looking at about 3 to 4 week turn around. When you do get it back open that case and make darn sure what PSU you have.

PM CyberHd.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Trin429 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trin429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
I was already planning to replace the PSU with a different one, but the current one seems to be working just fine. Granted, I haven't been doing anything that's load extensive since my gpu failed. It's a channel well technology PSU. The PC is from Amazon, so I had no say in the components used. I just want to RMA the GPU alone, not the whole system.
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
Hey trin, if you like to DM me your customer# and email I will be more than happy to check out whats going on with your RMA. I'm sorry sometimes the response may vary depending on how busy we are. I hope your day is going well!
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
Trin429 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trin429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:21pm
Still no reply from anybody. Would calling perhaps get me better service?
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Trin429 Trin429 wrote:

Still no reply from anybody. Would calling perhaps get me better service?

If you can get through. Try the support number. Also try sending a PM to the admin.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Poumare View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poumare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:30pm
Can you look into mine please RMA# 394121 I believe
It needs a new power source itís a defected unit because I only had the computer for 2 months brand new hardly use it. I live in Fresno California and I really need the computer back ASAP my life and work depends on it please I beg you.

Edited by Poumare - 19 May 2019 at 9:32pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Poumare Poumare wrote:

Can you look into mine please RMA# 394121 I believe
It needs a new power source it�s a defected unit because I only had the computer for 2 months brand new hardly use it. I live in Fresno California and I really need the computer back ASAP my life and work depends on it please I beg you.

Well, you didn't exactly read the post.

You need to "call or E-mail" tech support directly. The message board is more for the membership.

So sorry if your life depends on a machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic