FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is overclocking needed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rsebulsky View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rsebulsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is overclocking needed?
    Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:09am
I would like to know your opinion on the following build. Is overclocking needed? Am I going to see any real difference in gameplay with or without it?

CARE1: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CAS: Cooler Master MasterBox 5t Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Window Panel
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color)
FAN: ENERMAX ETS-T40F-W CPU Cooler w/ Dual ENERMAX Cluster PWM fans [-4]
FREEBIE_SSD: 512GB Intel® 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1500/1000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 90/220k
FREEBIE_VC1: Q2'19 AMD50 Gaming Bundle (The Division 2 Gold Edition and World War Z) [+0]
HDD: 8TB (8TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+158] (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory HDD Acceleration 24X Faster (Primary OS Drive) [+39])
HEADSET: CyberPowerPC 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset [+39]
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX Predator [+45])
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z370 Pro4-CB ATX w/ WiFi 802.11ac, RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX750M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+45]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: Creative Inspire T3300 2.1 Speakers System [+49]
USBHD: ADATA DashDrive HD710 1TB 2.5" Portable Waterproof and Shock-Resistant USB3.0 External HDD [+74] (Red Color)
VIDEO: XFX Radeon RX 590 FATBOY 8GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] [+55] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:49am
 With the speeds of current cpu's and included boosts you can see a modest boost. Personally not worth it. Now if your cpu was running 2.0 or so, yes.

Usually for game play your GPU is the most critical component and has the most noticeable affect for gaming. Just look up minimum cpu specs for games.

Other things factor in. Boot & load times can be greatly increased by simply gong with a faster C drive. The one you have is mid range. Faster load times will get you in games like battle field faster. WOW you can get in faster, but once in your not going to notice a big boost. You can OC, RAM, GPU's, cpu's, monitors. Here is a good article. >>> https://www.wepc.com/tips/is-overclocking-worth-it/ 

I would not have CP overclock. They tend to just ramp up voltages. Most MOBO's have software to do modest OC, or look up U-tube videos for your MOBO.

Consider the premium warranty. If you don't and need to send your system or a component back you will have to pay to send it in. Even just out of the box. A recent change at CP.

Use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off the total.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:53pm
Agree NOT worth it.

Get the Premium warranty or buy from someone that stands behind their products.

:D

Yes, I will plug DS until I am banned or CPPC changes this BS policy. :D

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Peregrine Peregrine wrote:

Agree NOT worth it.

Get the Premium warranty or buy from someone that stands behind their products.

:D

Yes, I will plug DS until I am banned or CPPC changes this BS policy. :D

The one time over the years I agree. CP stopping the 30 day free RMA is completely ridiculous. I have no problem with charging more for the premium warranty. But to expect a customer to pay to send a system back or even a component when something happens right out of the box is a money grab and shows a complete lack of caring about your customer.

I even wonder if it is legal in the State. Something a State Attorney needs to look into.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic