FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incredibly slow internet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gowdy15 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gowdy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incredibly slow internet
    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 3:26pm
Recently purchased a new GUA2600BST desktop and have been happy of it's offline performance but the network speed is unbearably slow. Its not my ISP as my old computer runs just fine. I've tried direct connecting, changing the network card, and uninstalling/reinstalling all drivers pertaining to the network. my download speed is sitting at around 250-400kbs, took me some 4 days to update world of warcraft. other than that this machine kicks and i would like to keep it, hopefully I'm just missing some sort of setting? firewall is disabled and norton is uninstalled, i don't think it's a virus protection holding me back.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 5:50am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

rkokish View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkokish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:14pm
I've had the same problem with 2 high-end Dell desktops (mine & wife's) over the last few years. The see to come with slow internal internet adapters. So I wasn't surprised when my new Cyber Power SLC 10020 behaved the same way. My dell laptop can sit right next to it and download at 170 to 250 mbps while the Cyber Power comes home at maybe 75. I solved the problem the same way as I did with the 2 Dell Desktops, by adding a good external USB adapter and now the CP is nearly as fast as the dell laptop. It's a shame, but it's not an uncommon issue and this is the simplest solution readily available online, at Office Depot, Walmart, etc.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:07am
You changed the Network card? There's nothing else really beyond that on the PC end. Has it be your ISP.
rkokish View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkokish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
What I'm suggesting from my experience is that internal network card may not work as well as an external USB network adapter. Right now I'm using a Netgear A6200 series (dual band). If you try it this approach be sure to disable the internal card. Two at the same time will NOT work well in most situations.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:05am
Yea, I;m going to disagree with everything he said.
Internal cards are way better then an.... external USB? 
You can have 20 network cards in a computer as long as only one is actually connected, there will be no issues.

Awkwardry View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awkwardry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:05pm
Hey everyone I just bought a GUA2600BST
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 ghz cpu
1tb 7200 RPM hard drive
802.11 ac WiFi pci e card

The WiFi completely sucks. I canít get on the internet at all.
Iím literally 3ft Away from the router and shows itís connected with all bars but still doesnít connect.
I just bought a new pci express adapter thinking it didnít have one but it does so Iím not sure whatís going on.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:43am
It's always good to start your own thread, so we don't have to go back through all posts to see what is up.

Never go Wi FI if your only 3' away from your router/switch. No reason at all.

Here is a couple of links.

To be clear, you can see your desktop, but can't open a browser and connect to the internet.

Edited by GAN1957 - 06 Dec 2017 at 5:44am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic