FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HP Holding On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HP Holding On
    Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 2:12pm
Hi All

I saw the following in the financial news today and thought that I would pass it on.  I looks like the industry is down a bit but the biggies are still holding on and turning a profit.

Hewlett-Packard Meets Street Estimates

AP
SAN FRANCISCO (Feb. 18) Hewlett-Packard Co. says its quarterly profit sank 13 percent, and revenue ticked up just 1 percent. Even the technology company's cash-cow printer ink business took a hit because of the recession.

HP cut its 2009 guidance, but it was still in line with Wall Street's expectations.
The Palo Alto, Calif.-based company says it earned $1.85 billion, or 75 cents per share, in the three months that ended Jan. 31. That compares with profit of $2.13 billion, or 80 cents per share, a year ago.

Without one-time costs, HP earned 93 cents per share, matching analyst estimates.
HP's sales of $28.8 billion fell short of Wall Street's forecast by more than $3 billion, however.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.

Alan

PS - I don't know if this is the type of thing in which  anyone is interested, but it effects the industry so I thought that i would pass it on.

Edited by Salan - 18 Feb 2009 at 2:14pm
CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
smulla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 2:18pm
Interesting info thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic