Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HORRIBLE crappy fans used

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
madtabula View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madtabula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HORRIBLE crappy fans used
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:11am
All in all my 1 year old CyberPowerPC is good.  However I have had to have 2 fans replaced.   They are about as cheap and flimsy as I have ever seen.   So now the other two died and I was about 4 days out of warranty and CyberPowerPC said...  "nope" naadaa... you dont get to get any of our crappy fans for free.  They even told me in an email to go buy some better ones locally.

Look Im not one to complain much but they could do better with the fans and their customer service in my opinion.

hs_bissell View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hs_bissell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:13pm

I ordered & paid for my PC and they estimated the ship date.  I had to go out of town on business the day the delivery was scheduled.  I had to be out of town for the week.  Their policy sets UPS delivery instruction for three attempts then the PC is sent back to cyber power.  They also make it so you the consumer cannot change the delivery instructions even though you have already paid for the merchandise.  They can change the delivery instructions but do not as that is their policy.   Then you have to pay to get the PC resent. Angry 

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:38pm
Oh yes. That's why you have an "option" to buy upgraded fans when you place an order. Some get lucky and have them last. If that's all you have as an issue your good. Are you felling better?

HS_bissell, like it or not the reason CP does this is they have had delivery changes in the past and low and behold they get a complaint the unit never arrived. On this one there is a reason behind the madness and all of us have to pay for it. If you know you have one coming make sure someone is there.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

irockhound View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irockhound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
I have you beat and not in a good way.  I bought a CyberPower PC from Frys with a 1070 card, came with 3 cooling fans.  First 3 fans went out in first 6 months.  Took it back to Frys but they said it would take a month to send it out and get it fixed by CyberPower.  CyberPower in only about 20 miles from my house so I call them and figured I could drive it direct to them and save a month.  Instead they said they would send me the 3 fans and I could replace them.  I did.  The 2 of the 2nd set of 3 fans went out before the end of the 1st year so I call CyberPower again and they blame it on a bad batch. They send out 2 more fans.  At a year and 3 months all 3 fans are out again.  I take it to Frys because now it is out of manufacturers warranty and under the extended warranty.  I tell them about the bad fans and they say "you replaced them?" yes. Then you no longer have an extended warranty because I opened the side of the computer and plugged in the fans.  I told them well basically I was a factory authorized repair person since the Maker instructed me to replace them myself.  More trouble and shouting. I finally get the Frys to replace the 2 fans.  One month later the 3rd manufacturer fan is now dead.  That's 9 fans in a year and 3 months.  My wife is still running her PC i got her 5 years ago and not a single fan issue of course it is not a CyberPower.  They sell crap and when it goes bad replaces it with crap.Angry

Stay away from CyberPower if you use your computer daily, not worth the headaches or money.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 5:03am
Weird so many going bad.

First they are cheap fans, nothing new. If you were really concerned especially after the second set, one would think "Gee maybe I should kick for better fans". These probably cost 2 or 3 dollars a piece a "real" deal & pocket book breaker.

You an "option" to buy quality fans (unless you bought it off the shelf which it sounds like. That was your first mistake) when going through the custom build on CP's website.

Stop griping and get 3 decent fans, install them and get on with it. Ridiculous to rant on not buying a system because of cheap fans.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

yrly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:47pm
They are worse than $2.32 fans from China and thatís the price after shipping. I pulled some ball bearing fans out of some doa old stock PSUs, those go in next.
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:30am
As I have been posting for quite a while, DO NOT PURCHASE "STANDARD" FANS as case fans or cooler radiator fans!  Better alternatives can be chosen when ordering.
yrly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by dforrest dforrest wrote:

As I have been posting for quite a while, DO NOT PURCHASE "STANDARD" FANS as case fans or cooler radiator fans!† Better alternatives can be chosen when ordering.

Donít forget I ordered the standard fans because I had several coolermasters already.

Basically they put two standard fans on the radiator.

Then they inexplicably threw a raidmax as the back fan. Why I dunno.

I put two coolermasters in two of the open fan slots and saved two because I didnít trust the standard fans on the radiator (I probably have even more of the coolermasters in the basement I seem to recall buying quite a few). I ordered a $2.32 fan to fill the vacant slot, since the gaming AORUS Threadripper board is loaded with RGB already a plain black fan was fine.

The standard fans started rattling within probably two weeks. One stopped after maybe three, they were both dead within a month, month and a half or so.

Even the Chinese fan is still humming along fine. Iíve got a $20 Newegg case with included fans that has been running non stop since 2 months before I ordered the Threadripper.

Cyberpower was fine about replacing them, I just donít understand how they can be so cheap.
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:23am
yrly, my comment was meant to be a general comment on Standard fans, not on your particular situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic