FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SPRIGS52 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPRIGS52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:05am
First, I know nothing about computers.  

I recently purchased my son a GMA4200BST from BestBuy.  The front and back fans do not run.

My son did some research and checked the BIOS.  The GPU fans say "N/A". 

He has read to check to see if the fans are plugged in.  The Problem though as that we have no idea where they would plug into and don't even see any wires running to/from the fans.

Is there a manual which shows the wires and where they would be plugged into? I tried calling the Help number and was hold for 25 minutes so I sent an email yesterday.  Waiting for a response. 

Thanks for any suggestions.  Disappointed so far but hope to get this working.  
mat3372 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat3372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:42pm
Download CPU-Z/SPECCY they are both free programs. Run either one you downloaded and see what type motherboard you have. Either program will tell you a lot about your PC. There be a section or Tab about your motherboard. Once you find out which motherboard you have google it with the word drivers and manual behind it. This should take you to a website where you can download the manual. Once you have that there should be a pic of your motherboard showing what each connection is. also look inside your computer to see if there is a wire coming off of fans with either three holes that pins can go into or sometimes ive seen ones with four holes. If its argb youll have to find that header...it should be in manual. the manual page will label each of the connections. I know this isnt much help but it should be a start for you. if you can just return to best buy and get a different one that is already connected thats another option if possible....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic