New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help Please w/ Troubleshooting  chkdsk/win update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Please w/ Troubleshooting chkdsk/win update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Proxidus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proxidus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please w/ Troubleshooting chkdsk/win update
    Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:24pm
So I have had my PC for about a week and a half without an issue and not all of a sudden errors are happening left and right.

The first thing that occurred was chkdsk was running at bootup. I did not let it run (probably a mistake) but continued the rest of that day until i got a black desktop screen after i quit playing a game. There was an error about a driver on the bottom right which i do not recall completely so i just turned it off until i got some help to come check it out the next day

We booted it up and let chkdsk run and it checked then ran fine. So we thought we solved the problem. Later before logging off we downloaded some windows updates and turned it off and let it update.

The next morning we tried to turn it on and got a blue screen of death. Tried restarting and happened every time. So after some frustration of not being able to do anything we decided to reinstall windows and hope that would make it work.

We got windows reinstalled and right away after getting onto the desktop we got a chkdsk error notification. But other than that everything ran fine, had to reinstall the video and mb drivers and that went fine.

However we cannot chkdsk anymore nor can we use windows update anymore. We get errors trying to do both.

I have tried everything searched online for fixes to chkdsk and windows update and all attempts to fix it haven't worked.

Do you think its a problem with the windows installation or is it a hardware related issued?

Should i reformat yet again?

Here are my specs
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz
GPU: Amd Radeon 7750 His icooler
Memory: 8GB Kingston Hyperx
HDD: 1TB SATA-lll 6.0Gb/s 32mb Cache 7200 RPM HDD
Motherboard: GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 9700
Powersupply: Xtreme Gear 600watts
Rhyalus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 6:57pm
Hi,

What does this mean: "However we cannot chkdsk anymore nor can we use windows update anymore. We get errors trying to do both. ".

What errors are you getting?

Aside from not being able to run chkdsk, what symptoms are you having? BSOD? Crashes?

What Hard Drive do you have? For example, if you have Seagate, you can grab their hard drive utility to check up on the drive (it is called Sea Tools).

R
i7-8700K / Gigabyte Aorus 5
Corsair H110i
16GB DDR4 RAM
3TB HDD
1TB WD Blue SSD
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 8GB
Phantek Enthoo Pro
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 5:50am
You may have both here.

First off the PSU you have is a known system killer. You need to get it out use Corsiar or Coolmaster

FX cpu's have known issues.

Here is a link to Microsofts Fix It tool>>
HERE this may be a place to start regarding the updating not working.

Like Rhyalus said check the HDD first then move on from there.

You will BSOD error codes when it happens, here is a link to help sort them out>>HERE

Here are a couple of links to Micrsoft to see if the windows update service has started in the first place>>HERE & HERE

Edited by GAN1957 - 13 Jul 2012 at 5:59am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Rhyalus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 6:38am
Hey GAN, my dishwasher is not working right... I am thinking it is my Cyberpower PSU....what do you think?

:-)

R
(p.s., you know I am just messing with you)
i7-8700K / Gigabyte Aorus 5
Corsair H110i
16GB DDR4 RAM
3TB HDD
1TB WD Blue SSD
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 8GB
Phantek Enthoo Pro
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 2:41pm
Funny you should say that until 7 years ago "Plumbing" was my primary trade Illinois Licensed and EPA certified for cross connection control,,,,,,,,(got rid of many A bad dishwasher PSU's then,,,,,)

Ya should put in our tag lines "dump the Standard PSU"
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

vondes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:43pm
Implementation of a ready-made solution starts with simple processes, which consist of a minimum number of participants. Trial performance is carried out to identify minor flaws in the system and their prompt elimination. After the trial operation, the system is fully implemented in the work of the company. Complex business processes managemart are created and automated with a large number of participants that link different departments. Have you done that?

Edited by vondes - 22 Aug 2019 at 1:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic