Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Gaming Instant Ship GX 99004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hiitssky View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiitssky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaming Instant Ship GX 99004
    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 11:19pm
Hello, I just purchased a prebuilt system from cyberpower PC. The reason I'm getting a prebuilt is because I'm switching to PC from console and don't know enough about building my own yet. Anyways, I was wondering if the graphics card and cpu in this system (Gaming Instant Ship GX 99004) can handle open world games like Skyrim, because I do play them every once in a while. I'm not as worried about the CPU as I am the GPU. Also since I have bought the system, I've seen some poor reviews which is concerning, should I be worried about my purchase from cyberpower PC? 
PRTizzle View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRTizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:40am
It should be alright.  I would upgrade the Memory from 16 GB to 32GB.
adoughty View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adoughty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 11:15am
That isn't great advice.... There is absolutely no reason to have more than 16GB RAM for the overwhelming majority of games. Especially on a $1k system. Your money would be better spent upgrading the CPU or GPU because that is what will limit you on more demanding games before 16GB of RAM does. But either way the components in the system you purchased will run Skyrim like a walk in the park. 32+ gigs of RAM is for people who are using their computer for more intensive productivity like 3D rendering or video/music editing. Even in those cases 16GB will work for most hobbyists on a $1k budget. 

tldr: That system is gonna work great as is.
hiitssky View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiitssky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 12:05pm
Right wasn't ever worried about RAM mostly the CPU and GPU. One of those seem like they're the bottleneck, and I can upgrade them if necessary. I appreciate the help :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic