Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dream pc turning into a Nightmare!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Babybutta View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babybutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream pc turning into a Nightmare!
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:39am
Hey, I recently went out and bought the CyberPowerPC Ultra gaming-GUA1400BST

I must say I was in love with the darn thing since I pulled it out of the box. however, since it's been out of the box i've been experiencing quite a few issues with this pc, I'm not a pc expert but I can get around with fixing problems on my own. At this  very moment I am at a bit of a cross roads. The pc runs really fast, and I was able to see how well it plays videos games. It looks amazing, but i'm not having trouble running games. i'm having trouble with staying on google chrome.

I would go into chrome, browse some sites, and watch youtube. Whenever I try to go to another tab or reload a screen I end up getting the "aw snap something's wrong" it'll do that a few times, then it'll do it to all of my open tabs and eventually just tell me to restart or check my internet connection. (Also the usb wifi adapter that came with the pc was very slow and I had to buy another adapter) It's not the wifi that's down though....

So I tried fix the issue on my own, and it would seem as if it's working, but then it goes right back to "aw snap" it's a bit annoying to be honest. I would love if the only issue was google chrome, because I could easily just go to another browser...It actually seemed to have gotten a lot worse..

Today I was trying to get Itunes on my pc, for some reason the set up installer for i-tunes will not open up. Strange right? It gets better.

Same day I tried to continue to fix  google chrome when out of nowhere I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH....HOW SWAY???!

Oh yes this happened not just once but four times...FOUR TIMES. I have a lump in my throat just thinking about this. 

The message windows gave me said this " Page fault unknown page area" I don't know what that means, but I googled the hell out of that error and I was told there might be something wrong with the hardware or whatever...I tried to actually go in and fix this myself, but to my surprise it seems like the pc doesn't want to let me go to CMD and type in chkdsk /f/r it would pop up and close out immediately. 

Also a bit of a disclaimer. This pc is meant to be used with HD monitors, I'm currently using a compaq wf 1907 monitor, and it's only temporary. I don't know if that has something to do with it (Probably not) 

I don't know what's causing these issues, but I've only had this pc for a full week, and man I kinda miss my laptop...I hope someone can see this, I tried to call but today is MLK day and the call center is closed. 

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
Are you comfortable taking ram out?
Babybutta View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babybutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
You know I think I am, The pc has a glass side panel I can remove. Do you think I may have to replace the ram? I hope not.
Babybutta View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babybutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:57pm
Quick update. 

So I've been up since 6 a.m. On this pc trying to solve so many puzzles. 

So the pc originally did not come with a cd rom drive. I was cool without it, since you know most things are on a cloud these days. I remembered that the box came with cd's and whatnot. You know I kinda left it alone since I didn't have a cd drive. Well come to find out I needed to update my Motherboards drivers with the cd, took me all day to figure out how to update these drivers without breaking something. (It was actually quite easy once I got it.) 

So I installed the drivers, some I couldn't get on my pc because they do not support windows 10...I don't understand why, but okay. I went on with the majority of my day installing drivers, doing diagnostic checks. ONLY to soon find out...It's a memory problem. I really hope it's just some loose sticks (which I checked they seemed in there, no I didn't actually take them out...I got nervous so I left it alone.) 
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:54pm
Hey Babybutta, I would suggest calling our customer support and they will be able to help resolve your problem. I've provided the number below to our customer support.

Phone: (888) 900-5180
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 6:30am
Download and run "Memtest", it will let you know if you have RAM errors. It is a free program. You need to create a bootable flash drive or cd if you have an optical drive. Here is the link. >>> http://www.memtest.org/
If you have an error CP will send you new sticks with a free RMA if you request it before your 30 day FREE RMA is up.

Run about 5 passes, download and run either HW monitor or speed fan to keep an eye on system temps while your testing.

Also, the membership never suggests an off the shelf build by a third party. These often come with low end PSU's (standard), check it out if so get it out of your systems. These are low end ones and some people get lucky with them. At least they provide uneven power (ripples) which is hard long term on systems all the way to frying systems.

Coolmaster, Corsair, EVGA, Thermaltake, XFX arew decent brands.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Taking RAM out is hella easy. I was going to suggest removing one stick if you have 2 and see if it behaves. If not, put that back and pull the other one. *pull* is only an expression. Don't actually PULL to get it out. :D

Edited by Peregrine - 16 Jan 2018 at 9:58am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Peregrine Peregrine wrote:

Taking RAM out is hella easy. I was going to suggest removing one stick if you have 2 and see if it behaves. If not, put that back and pull the other one. *pull* is only an expression. Don't actually PULL to get it out. :

Yes that will work fine, but as you said you need to remove them one at a time, then possibly even change slots. This way you can test all at once without removal, just take a bit longer. Only issue with the software is you can't tell if a slot is bad. If testing an error is shown for a stick, you could swap them around and repeat the test. If it came back with an error on a different stick in the same slot, points to the slot.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Babybutta View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babybutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
*Update*

Hey guys I just want to say thanks for helping me out with my pc. I was able to get a hold of CP and we pretty much know that it's something going on with the RAM. So I am on a mission to send out the old RAM and replace them with some brand spanking new ones. I'm a bit disappointed that this ended up being the issue, and someone mentioned before that buying pre-built pc's from a third party manufacturer is a big no-no. (I've heard the horror stories, and I expected the power supply to trip on me) So i'm praying that these new RAM sticks will be the fix my pc needs. I hope there isn't going to be another manufacturer error. 

Until then I will be keeping you guys up-to-date with my pc and how it's running. I know for sure I need to save some coins up for a new power supply any suggestions? 

Again thank you!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:58am
Good deal

We don't blame anyone for getting frustrated. What some people don't take into account is CP builds custom systems with hundreds of variables. These are not cookie cutters. So it is not uncommon to experience a problem. So anyone who buys one needs to be familiar and comfortable with diagnosing and some basic work. Remember CP just assemble they don't make the components or software.

If you want to verify your RAM, there is a free program called Memtest, here is the link. >>>>http://www.memtest.org/. Blue screens may be caused by deffective RAM, but also tend to be tied to GPU drivers. Here is a free program to help check that out. >>> http://https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74712/how-to-find-bsod-error-messages/ & http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

FYI, here is a basic first fire list.  

Take plenty of pictures before during & after the unboxing in case there is damage.

Remove all packing, verify all components are seated & plugged in.

Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse and internet only.

Fire it up, finish OS install, GPU drivers & MOBO drivers. Register the OS.

Download Speed Fan or HWI monitor and run during all tests to monitor temps. 
All the programs listed are free, make sure you download directly from their site
or at someplace like Major Geeks.

Download and create a bootable flash drive or CD of Memtest. Run it to verify your RAM has no errors. 
A bad sector or 2 can cause all sorts of weird issues. If it passes move on. If not find the bad stick 
and temporarily remove it.

Download and run Intel Burn In on standard, for a general stress test.

Download and run Furmark to stress the GPU.

If all is well update the OS and drivers.

Install your most used programs. 

Now I suggest "cloning" your HD and re-clone every few months or so. Then just disconnect the clone drive.
I have found out the hard way what you need to go through if a C drive fails and the multiple days
it takes to get set up again. If something does happen in minutes your back up and running
with a minimal amount of data to get back.

If you decide not to clone, at least make a set of recovery disks or back up your drive.

Finish installing printers, etc.

Your ready to go. 

P.S. did you check that PSU out?

Edited by GAN1957 - 18 Jan 2018 at 6:00am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic