FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Do my numbers look right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RepTexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RepTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do my numbers look right?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:52am

I have had my Rig a week now and i just don't get why my numbers are so bad compared to other similiar rigs out there. I have a feeling it is my ambient room temp but i coudl be wrong.

AMD 1100T
Msi amd3+ Gd80 MOBO
12gb kingston hyper x 1600 ram
750gb wblack 7500 x64 sata 6 hd
(h50 cooler single fan, another one on the way in case ths fan is faulty blowing low rpm)
xfx hd6970 gpu
thermaltek chase mk1 full tower, one fan in, 2 out
1200 watt psu wincommander

Prime/furmark and amd overdirve stability testing works fine for 2 hours, i dont wnat to run it longer than that.

Amd overdrive bench mark score is only 6987 !!!!
All stock settings except ram is set to 1600 in bios.

80Degrees ambient room temp due to insane Texas summer heat and an old house. Even with central air, gets pretty warm,

32 degrees idle cpu core with 70degrees under load using prime !

Some gaming stats include, crysis 2 all settings maxed out minus direct x 11 comes out to an average of 25-35 fps.

with direct x 11 on its 15-25 fps.

System runs stable while gaming in these settings.

Trouble shooting i have performed.

I tried manuelly setting the timeing and voltage for the ram, must have done somethign wrong this was causing reboots. so i changed it back to 1600 with everything else auto and no issues again.

I considered the water block needed remounting, i remounted with the thermal included from coolmaster that i paid more for, system had non stop reboots and LED code 19 over and over, turns out i may hsave overtoighten the water block, i redthermaled yet again this time gentle with the tightness and it runs stable agian and evendropped down to its current temps, (It was 5 degrees higher before i reset the water block)

I just feel these numebrs should be more powerful on a stock 1100t and should be running cooler, however i have no 80 degree ambient room temp numbers online to compare it too. If anyone has any tips or advie please let me know. I didnt feel the fan was blowing enough air thorugh the radiator (which is postioned with raditoer blwoing inside case fan blowing air to outside case) so cyberopower is sending a replacement, if i need to i may just try running push pull to see if that helps, but my biggest quesion is will a warm cpu core cause this kind of drop in performace with out shutting off? Why do i see numbers from other 1100t stock like at 9000 !! in the amdoverdrive benchmark score?

Thanks for any help from you vets out there!

Edited by RepTexas - 04 Aug 2011 at 5:54am
Stealth3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stealth3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 11:21pm
Could be driver issues causing the video card to run like sh*t.  But I got an I5 2500k and usually doesn't go past 42 C on full load.  33 C on idle.  Similar ambient temp lol, maybe lower because of AC. 

I use the push pull asetek 570 liquid cooler and it works pretty well.  Silent too.   

Crysis 2 should run a heck of a lot better on that card though, which means there could be driver issues. 

But more data would help....
stones11 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stones11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:24am
That's pretty strange. I have a similar old pc, and it has a much better benchmark score. I guess that it's overheating or you have some problems with your drivers. However, I think that you should google what does these numbers mean. I am that kind of person that believes in numbers, and I have read a lot about them on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-717-meaning/. You may think that it's stupid, but I think that every number has it's meaning and power.

Edited by stones11 - 14 Feb 2020 at 5:30pm
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:51am
BOT? Gee Stones11, do you know of anything he could use to fix that? 9 years ago?
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:32pm
"Gee Stones11, do you know of anything he could use to fix that? 9 years ago"

LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic