Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyberpowerpc GUA2400bst keyboard/mouse issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevccoy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevccoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyberpowerpc GUA2400bst keyboard/mouse issue
    Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:30pm
My son has had this PC for a year and a couple months. Just today when he turned it on the keyboard and mouse would light up but by the time it got to log in screen they went out. He tried his xbox controller in the ports and it lights up and stays lit. We tried the keyboard and mouse in a laptop and they both work. We had a cheap mouse and keyboard here we tried and they did not work. Not sure of the compatibility of them as i am PC dumb....at first i would think the usb port is bad but the controller lights up and stays lit. I have read things saying go in and check the device manager, but how is that possible if i cant get a keyboard and mouse to work.
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:52pm
I had exactly the same problem yesterday and resolved it by getting access with a PS/2 mouse and deleting and the re-installing the mouse and keyboard drivers.

You are the second person (in addition to me) who has reported this problem today.  It looks like a Window 10 problem.
Kevccoy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevccoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:04pm
We bought a keyboard and mouse from walmart and they did not work....as i stated i am not PC savy...is the cheap $20 mouse and keyboard from walmart not PS/2 ???
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Kevccoy Kevccoy wrote:

We bought a keyboard and mouse from walmart and they did not work....as i stated i am not PC savy...is the cheap $20 mouse and keyboard from walmart not PS/2 ???

If it has a flat connector like your CyberPower one it is a USB connection.  If it is a PS/2 mouse or keyboard it will have a small circular connector.
Kevccoy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevccoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Ok thanks...
It is usb...will get the ps/2...
Again thanks
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Kevccoy Kevccoy wrote:

Ok thanks...
It is usb...will get the ps/2...
Again thanks

Make sure first that your computer has PS/2 mouse and keyboard connectors.
GTX410 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTX410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 8:41pm
Now! I have PC and CPU ryzen 7 1700+GTX1070, but I wanna change only one be corei7 8700k and buy moherboard Z, it's better ryzen ? Guid me plase!! CryCryCry

Thanks you for these.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic