FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyberpower Experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1sand0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1sand0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyberpower Experience
    Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
Hello Everyone,

I just received my new Desktop from Cyberpower PC and thought i would share my experience.

System Specs

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-750 2.66 GHz 8M L2 Cache
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P7P55D LE Intel P55 Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI
CASE: Raidmax Skyline Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window (Black Color)
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator)
HDD: Single Hard Drive (750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
CD: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Buying Experience - i.e. how easy was it to pick out the PC i wanted?

I first heard about Cyberpower through a buddy of mine who recently bought one from newegg.com.

He really liked it so i thought i would check them out. I went to newegg and browsed a couple of the premade models. The models were pretty impressive, especially for the price. The model i wanted wasn't in stock so i thought id check and see if cyberpower had a web site. I obviously found one :)

I then browsed around the various sections of the site and was impressed with the amount of detail there was shown when customizing a system.

Specifically, I really liked being able to pick out an OEM for my motherboard, RAM, and Case.   I also liked that i could customize what power supply i wanted and also what video card i wanted as well. Each of these items were well outlined and also easy to navigate through.

One thing I noticed going through the various specials though, is that some did not include the OS, so i had to go through a couple different packages to get the exact price combination i was looking for. I ended up going with a special that included free shipping as that ended up being the cheapest route overall.

Once i picked out my unit, i proceeded to checkout which was seamless. It was easy to fill out the forms and everything was done in just a few minutes. at the end of the transaction, i got a txt document that included detailed specifications regarding my purchase, which i thought was a nice touch.

Tracking- How easy was it to track my order status?

Well the 'Order Status' button made things real easy :) All I had to do was get the order# from my txt doc and input my zip code.

I then got progress regarding the manufacturing, testing and shipping of my PC.

I also like that there was a UPS tracking URL on the site once the order was shipped from the factory.

Arrival - How easy was the setup?

I received two boxes, one that included the PC and the other was a set of speakers.

The PC box also included the manuals and such, and also the original mobo box, which i thought was a nice touch.

From what i could tell on the PC, all cables were in tact and nothing got lodged during shipping. I know this wouldn't have been Cyber's fault, but it was nice to see regardless :) Also , the interior of the case was very clean and there was lots of room left in the system. Nice job on the construction of the system Cyber :)

I proceeded to hook up my PC to my existing equipment and booted it up. it posted and everything but would not actually show the desktop.   

I had to manually restart the PC and boot to safe mode. When i did this, it stopped booting at the universal Plug and Play sys file...

I tried to do a repair using the windows disk, but it would not detect any problems.

Thus I had to re-install windows. The install went smoothly and the rest of the setup was a breeze.

Overall Verdict   

Overall, I would have to say I have had a good experience so far with CyberpowerPC. The one problem i had with the setup i believe was more of a windows 7 issue than anything else, and as I said, the construction of the system was superbly done. I would definately recommend CyberPowerPC to others, especially computer enthusiasts on a budget.

Edited by 1sand0s - 15 Jan 2010 at 9:53pm
hunter2618 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 8:04am
why did ya buy a crossfire motherboard that only works with ATI HD radeon cards & won't work with SLI Nvidia cards?    post sum pics
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
Atranox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atranox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
Yeah, very interesting choice of motherboard & video card combo. Glad it works for you though.
1sand0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1sand0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 3:28pm
I wasnt planning using crossfire, that was just a really dumb move on my part.

as far as i know though, as long as i keep to one vid card, i should be fine.. obviously it's not optimal, but its working and i really dont want to have to ship back my mobo if i dont have to

Edited by 1sand0s - 16 Jan 2010 at 3:49pm
georgekn3mp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgekn3mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 5:20pm
No worries. You can upgrade to Radeon 5850 later :)
SATA-III/RAID
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7968&PID=63170#63170

i7-920
AsusP6x58D SATA6 USB3
ATI 5850
6GB A-Data 1600Mhz
LCLC120
Asus 26" VW266H
TTV3 Black
1TB HD
1sand0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1sand0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by georgekn3mp georgekn3mp wrote:

No worries. You can upgrade to Radeon 5850 later :)

my only problem is i have a sli power supply lol.. but i think as long as i keep it to one card i should still be able to get an ati card when i upgrade

Edited by 1sand0s - 16 Jan 2010 at 10:27pm
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:28pm
1sand0s

Excellent post. Great detailed review. We appreciate for posting your experience, If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM CyberHD. We also look forward in seeing pictures of the system.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic