FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COnsole Gaming in Forums?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
vegence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:25am
i have nintendo, super nintendo, and N64 emulators and every game made for them on a spare hardrive.

the emulators are not illegal. the roms (games) are illegal if you do not own the original copy. they are "backups".

i got my backups a few years back before nintendo started forcing them to be taken off sites on the internet. nintendo was getting prepared to sell classic games on the wii and knew no one would buy them if they could get "backups" from the internet.

however, you can still aquire these backup copys via torrent sites. but be warned this is illegal if you do not own the orgional game.

hunter2618 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:49pm
wowzers!
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
k1ngr4t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k1ngr4t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:43am
Consoles are for gaming Bin, not typing resumes. Sure, next-gen consoles have sh*t like ESPN and NetFlix, but it all comes down to gaming. People generally buy consoles because they can uphold high-end graphics for $300-$500 for 5-7 years without having to worry about upgrading.

But yeah, I think they just added this topic to the forum for appeal. Who cares though, the more gaming topics the merrier I always say!

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5
ATI 5770 HD 1GB 16x
CM V6 GT Fan w/ Changing LED
60GB Corsair MLD SSD
500GB 3.0 7200rpm
4GB DDR3/1600mhz
850w 80+ CM Silent Pro PSU
k1ngr4t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k1ngr4t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by vegence vegence wrote:

i have nintendo, super nintendo, and N64 emulators and every game made for them on a spare hardrive.

the emulators are not illegal. the roms (games) are illegal if you do not own the original copy. they are "backups".

i got my backups a few years back before nintendo started forcing them to be taken off sites on the internet. nintendo was getting prepared to sell classic games on the wii and knew no one would buy them if they could get "backups" from the internet.

however, you can still aquire these backup copys via torrent sites. but be warned this is illegal if you do not own the orgional game.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's illegal regardless of if you own it or not, it's just they don't care about $1-$5 games anymore.

Edited by k1ngr4t - 01 Dec 2010 at 10:45am

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5
ATI 5770 HD 1GB 16x
CM V6 GT Fan w/ Changing LED
60GB Corsair MLD SSD
500GB 3.0 7200rpm
4GB DDR3/1600mhz
850w 80+ CM Silent Pro PSU
ja198806 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ja198806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:54am
This for me breaks down into morality and legality...
for example the tv show bait car...cops setup a bait car for theives to try and take. they arrest a cop driving the bait car. leave his car there unlocked, keys on dash etc. If you were a good samaritan you would lock his car for him right? wrong if you did this you can get charged with tampering. I digress, its morally right to think i paid for a game, on say snes, I own legend of zelda for snes, i can download a "copy" for my pc in case anything awful happens to my prized LOZ game. wrong its infringement on itellectual right blah. morally right? yes. legally no

Edited by ja198806 - 25 Aug 2011 at 11:55am
Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz Smart Cache LGA1366
Asus Sabertooth X58
NVIDIA GTx 460
physx-NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Asetek 510LC Liquid
Raidmax Blackstorm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic