FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Component cables for the Wii

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheTrickster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheTrickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Component cables for the Wii
    Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:03pm
So recently I found out that you can make the picture quality look better on your Wii by hooking it up with component cables as opposed to what cables it comes with.  It upgrades it from 480i to 480p.  I'm planning on getting the cables for it (Component cables), but I'm not sure if my TV will work with them.  I don't know anything about TV's, so I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out here.  Can my TV do 480p?  Here's the specs:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/KV36HS500spec.pdf

I checked the back of the TV and it has the slots (or whatever you call them o.o) for the 5 plugs to go into.

Edited by TheTrickster - 17 Feb 2010 at 1:16pm
jhughes2466 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes2466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:14pm
As long as you have the red, green, and blue plugs it will work. Almost all Tv's are at least 720p so 480 would be relatively simple.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes2466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:15pm
Oh and yes your TV will work, it can upscale to 1080i so 480 would be no problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheTrickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm
Ok thanks.  The cables look promising ;D.  They seem like a good purchase to me.

p.s. what your opinion on using 3rd party stuff (i.e. the nyko component cables) on the wii.  The component cables that nintendo sells are double the price ($30).  Say I need my Wii repaired, won't they blame it on any 3rd party stuff I maybe using on it, and refuse to repair it or something like that?

Edited by TheTrickster - 17 Feb 2010 at 1:27pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes2466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 11:55am
they are fine, I use off-brand controllers from nyko too because I'm not paying that outrageous price for the "nintendo" brand and so far they've been great. Make sure you get the induction charger though, so you don't have to take the little covers off every single time you need to recharge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheTrickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:07pm
What's an induction charger?  Would you mind linking me to a good one?  I've actually been looking around for chargers for the remotes.  They run out of batteries so fast, and changing them is so annoying (due to the covers).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes2466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:57pm
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&source=hp&q=wii+induction+charger&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16039926772386061084&ei=vcV9S86pJJS0tgfck4DDBQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCEQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

It allows you to not plug in your controllers to charge the rechargeable batteries, instead you lay them on the induction mat and it charges them from there. Otherwise you have to pull the plastic covers off and recharge them on a stand.
Pickletastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pickletastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:25am
Definitely go for the wii component cables.  I picked up a set from Monoprice.com awhile back and it made a nice difference on a 720p lcd tv.  
Come check out all the cheating going on over in the Dream PC Youtube contest http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12060&PID=89865#89865
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic