Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheating in RPG's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMorgan10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMorgan10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheating in RPG's?
    Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 7:11pm
For or against?
While it can be fun for a short while I feel as though it rather ruins the game for you after a while in terms of enjoyment.

Honestly speaking, any game that lets me cheat...I cheat...a lot and I find myself bored of it pretty soon. I only realized how much it changed everything after I started playing Oblivion for the 360 rather than the PC. I found the game so much better and more engrossing than I remembered it, and I actually felt compelled to play through the quests.

Anyone else know what I'm getting at/ wants to put in a word or two to the contrary?
This looks like a job for Limeyman. I'm here to kick a** and drink cups of tea...and I'm all out of tea
Novacaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novacaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by AMorgan10 AMorgan10 wrote:

Honestly speaking, any game that lets me cheat...I cheat...

You can cheat in any game, but that's noob.
VooDooNinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VooDooNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:51pm
cheaters r lame... </3 
  I hope pb haunts your every sleeping moment....
Rebelmage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebelmage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:41pm

Just like gold buyers in WOW.......gotta make it boring to not get any pride in accomplishing things for the rewards

Munch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 2:56pm
R.P.G. = Role Playing Games...
CoolerMaster Centurion 590
I7-920 2.66
smsng 20X DVD RW
2X500g HD raid0
CM V8
GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
Vista� Home Prem X64
CyberPower 800W PSU
ATI HD 4870 1GB
EkomsDeew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkomsDeew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 5:32pm
i dont like cheating because all it does is make it so u dont have to play the game... so i dont really get the point buying the game if your only to let the computer play it for you. anyone get what saying?
Stefellifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefellifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 9:22pm
Simple cheats are good, but cheats that allow the computer to practically play the game for you...BAH!
ddutty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddutty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 6:12am
Cheating takes away the challenge of the game.  When I played Oblivion, I thought it was way too easy as it was, so I added a bunch of Mods that made it much more difficult (try the OOO 1.3 mod without level scaling, makes it a totally different game).  If I'm playing an RPG or any game, and I don't find it challenging to stay alive or complete quests, I get bored way too quickly.  Otherwise, I don't see the point of playing.  But every person enjoys games differently, so do what you enjoy.  It seems like you found that you are getting more out of the game by playing them the way the developers designed them.
baldeguy56 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldeguy56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 10:40am
Hey all, Been playing pc games since UT GOTY. I sometimes come across a game that is just frustrating enough 2 take the joy out of it & I do cheat. But, only 2 learn the game. Challenge is when I go 2 higher levels with what I've learned, with no cheats. Whatever makes your boat float. 
Blue Eyed Devil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Eyed Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 1:27am
Yes, I agree that cheating just ruins the game. I usually play through a game before using cheats. Although I'm not sure if using a guide qualifies as cheating, but I never would've finished GTA:SA without one. There were 100 tags in all and I never would've found all those suckers.
"What do you mean I ain't kind? I'm just not your kind."
Sigma WindStorm
Asus P5N-D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
3GB Corsair XMS-2
x2 EVGA 8800 GTS SLI
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Creative X-Fi I/O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic