FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chassis Info & Drive Installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
creatorbri View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creatorbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chassis Info & Drive Installation
    Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:27am
I recently purchased the CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi11080CPG via Amazon. Now that I'm a customer I see a bunch of forum members saying "the membership here says never buy one off the shelf" but that ship has sailed, folks... Like most of those who get that line, I'm only here because I already pulled the trigger! ;) 

Anyway, the package included no information whatsoever about the CASE (chassis), such as how to access the HDD enclosure or remove the front panel, etc.

1. Does anyone know how to locate the product model name/# of this case, and/or obtain detailed specifications for the chassis of this system? 

2. How do I remove the front panel in order (presumably) to gain access to the hard drive enclosure to add additional drives?

3. Is it even possible to install 3.5" drives in this thing, such as a blu-ray or DVD writer? If so, how? 

Edited by creatorbri - 23 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
creatorbri View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creatorbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
I found the answers, finally:

Edited by creatorbri - 23 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:45pm
 From the website HDD installation is at the bottom. Looks like it can hold two. No place for DVD with that case though. Many cases are like that today.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 5:39am
Take a look at your PSU. The worst thing about off the shelf builds is you don't know what your getting as you found out.

If you have the "standard" PSU, get it out of your case. These no name have high failure rates, will provide uneven power (ripples) which is hard long term on every components. At worst they have fried many systems.

If you open the case and find a name brand you should be OK. The issue with off the shelf builds is CP will throw in what they have in stock.

Run Memtest also. If you have generic RAM you want to at least make sure there are no bad sectors on it. This can mask all sorts of weird issues.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic