Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing an order?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing an order?
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:54am
First time poster here. I am a graphic artist that works with high density graphics and video. Gaming capability is not essential for me.

I ordered a system on the 5th. Since then I've been seeing some recurring issues others have had:

1) Inferior quality standard power supply
2) Damage during shipping

I'm interested to know if anyone has had experience in changing their order with Cyberpower and how it went. I'm considering changing my power supply and having it shipped overnight instead of standard. I am not in a hurry to get the system, but would like it to have the least amount of handling during shipping. 

Highlights of my build are shown below. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Amy

Gamer Infinity XLC (NO MONITOR)

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2069]
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC COUGAR PANZER Mid-Tower High Airflow Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0 & Tempered Glass Window [-34] (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.00GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • HDD: 512GB SAMSUNG 970 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/2300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 370/500k [+148] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 1TB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 545/525 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/80k [+258] (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory SSD Acceleration 4X Faster (Secondary Storage Drive) [+39])
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • MEMORY: 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+795] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z370 Taichi ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 4 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+110]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:51am
THAT PSU is BAD NEWS - DEFINITELY try to chg it.

If you can swap 1 yourself, NewEgg has an EVGA 750W Full-Mod GOLD rated, $80 w/ $4 shipping and no rebates to mess with, only on sale till tomoro though.

That case has only 1 fan - NOT ENUF (3 or more required), call CP, think abt FLUSHING the whole order if possible. Quick shipping works out, if you use a free ship base to start, it's only like 50 or 75$ or less for 1 or 2 day UPS. DON'T use rush BUILD time, that will screw things up.

YOU DON'T HAVE ENUF COOLING FOR THAT CPU!!!! I'd put a 240MM liq cooler like DeepCool or Corsair in there, and add 3 good brand fans (for the case).

Nice drives, MoBo, and GPU, hope you got the 5% off code (which saves Big Bucks in your case).

I question the need for ANYONE to require 64GB RAM, even in your case w/ hi end vid work. LOOK AT THE COST.  If needed, expand later. Or get 32, 2 X 16, and add your 2nd matched pair of 2 X 16 in the 2 open MoBo slots if needed, getting the other RAM set at NewEgg would still save you a lot, IF needed.

For $19, a shipping warranty covers all ship costs for 1 yr, if this heavy item must be returned to CP for repair. Costs to ship this rig may be $100, possibly slightly less. Else you pay to ship after 30 days is up.

I'd try a flush/reboot of the whole order!! That's why it's best to post here for suggestions/help/guidance B4 the order. Hope you got any daily deals or promos (they're mostly free games or lo end drives, so wouldn't worry much). I have a 512GB 960 PRO sitting here that was destined for my old rig B4 the rig died, and they NEVER give anything like that, so would prolly be a spare drive in there like a 2TB generic spinner or something. But each daily deal is diff, often you can get $50 instant off all intel builds, like yesterday that was on. Good luck.

There's a $19 option to add internal protective packing. Since only 1 change to an open order is allowed, Call quick to flush the whole order B4 it goes too far. Then I'd make the 4 or 5 changes suggested.

Edited by TECHLORD - 11 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:13am
Thank you TECHLORD for your thoughtful response. Yes, I admit I should have come here as part of my research. I got all the daily deals, freebies, 5%, etc. I just wanted to condense things so those reading wouldn't have to wade through all that.

I tend to max out the systems I buy as much as I can afford to, and then treat them with TLC. They last a long time. The system I'm currently using is 8 years old and still solid. Believe it or not at this point I just need a system that can support more RAM ;-) My industry is doing more and more Ultra Wide Screen hi-def content. I will look at changing the ram config per your suggestion. 

Thank you for your guidance regarding cooling. I will amend that, and try to get the changes in before it's too late.

Many Thanks,

Amy
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:20am
Amy if you would like to make some changes to your pc please call our sales department and they can assist you in doing so. (800) 707-0393
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:28am
Thank you Cyber_Tech2 for the quick response! I am getting the changes together and will call shortly.

Best,

Amy
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:40am
They most likely limit your changes to 1 only (formerly 2), so that means a reboot. Just don't get any $80 WiFi cards (WiFi is on that nice MoBo already anyway), and xtra charges for wiring aren't necessary. I almost got that 970 last night at NewEgg for $220, but didn't need it as the 960 is still sitting here. My 256GB 960 was $235 here 2 yrs ago, filled up but rig died B4 I could put in the 512GB PRO. The 970 is now $230 in 512GB, if needed you could RAID your primary drives since that board has 3 M.2 form factor slots, even w/ the Optane kicker in one. But striping drives w/ speeds of those PRO's isn't even necessary anyway, they're so fast. SamSung told me the theoretical limit of that bus is like 4000 MB/s anyway, so I don't even know if you'd get anything. And setting up the array requires a re-install. Just pointing out the cool capabilities of your hardware  :)  Good luck!

Edited by TECHLORD - 11 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:43pm
Thanks again TECHLORD for your input. The one change per order is indeed correct, so I went ahead and cancelled my original order. I made the upgrades to the cooling system and power supply per your recommendations. I have a 5% coupon code. I think the only thing I'm missing out on vs my original order is the $50 AMEX gift card, but there are now a couple more pieces of promo software. I'd rather have the $50, but oh well. There is this free light strip thing, but I'm wondering if it will be overkill with the lighted fans. I don't really care about the lighting to be honest, but you suggested good brand name fans, and those seemed the most economical. Any additional feedback or guidance greatly appreciated. Here is what I have in the cart now:

• BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC COUGAR PANZER Mid-Tower High Airflow Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0 & Tempered Glass Window [-34] (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.00GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
  • CS_FAN: Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans w/ 5 modes LED: red, blue, white, green, 256 multicolor & Smart Fan Controller [3xFans] [+49]
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 240EX 240mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooler w/ Copper Cold Plate [+30] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_CU1: Q1' 18 Intel® Core™ i5, i7 VR Ready Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_CU2: Q2'18 Intel® Channel Gaming Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_HD1: Q2 '18 Intel Optane Premium Creativity Plus [+0]
  • FREEBIE_HD2: Q2 '18 Intel Optane Creativity Plus Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_HD3: Q2 '18 Intel Optane Gaming Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_MN: None
  • FREEBIE_WAP: None
  • HDD: 512GB SAMSUNG 970 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/2300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 370/500k [+148] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 1TB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 545/525 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/80k [+258] (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory SSD Acceleration 4X Faster (Secondary Storage Drive) [+39])
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: None [-5]
  • MEMORY: 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+795] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z370 Taichi ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 4 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+110]
  • MOUSE: None [-3]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS750M 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+81]
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • PROJECTOR: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:00pm
Is it a good idea to keep the Standard fans with the DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN?
ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
Because you mention that you like to really run your systems for a long time, I'd go with a different power supply. The Corsair CSM series is lower end, and it only features a 3 year warranty.

In the same wattage, the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB will be $20 cheaper and have a 10 year warranty. If you want to stick with Corsair the TX850M has a 7 year warranty and is $4 less.

It's terrifying that you have to spend so much on memory, but if you need it today then there's no choice. Just keep in mind it's the simplest upgrade in a PC, and memory is at record high prices right now. If you could even go 2 years, I expect you'd save half the difference.

Edit: Dforrest, I wondered that too, as I've not used one myself. Anandtech tested them and found that while they don't move a ton of air they are very quiet. https://www.anandtech.com/show/12150/the-deepcool-captain-240-ex-rgb-aio-cooler-review

Edited by ssskelton - 11 Jul 2018 at 3:06pm
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm
ssskelton, have you interpreted the review you quote correctly.  The "standard" fans the reviewer refers to are the fans DEEPCOOL recommend for use with the cooler, certainly not CP's "Standard" fans!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic