Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change Backlighting on Tracer 2 keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mkelly761 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkelly761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Backlighting on Tracer 2 keyboard
    Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:26am
Hi,
    I have a tracer 2. I need to know how to change the keyboard backlight or turn the keyboard back light off.
Thanks,
Mike
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:06pm
Hey Mkelly, all you need to do is click the link I've provided. Download the app and you can start meddling with your lights. Hope you enjoy the laptop! 

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Notebook/Tracer%20RGB%20Keyboard%20App
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
Wolverine690 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolverine690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 10:57am
I have a Tracer II MK laptop and I've tried this link and installed it and it does nothing.  Is there a different version or something for this laptop?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 4:28pm

Hey, Iím sorry for the issues your experiencing. We will be more than happy to help you. We will need you to call our customer support line. I provided the number down below. Our techs will be more than glad to help you in resolving your problem. Hope your week is going well!!

Phone: (888) 900-5180

Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolverine690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Cyber_Tech2 Cyber_Tech2 wrote:

<span id="docs-internal-guid-a5140d19-9a84-c601-54a0-def0d6a7615e"><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb51, 51, 51; : transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">Hey, Iím sorry for the issues your experiencing. We will be more than happy to help you. We will need you to call our customer support line. I provided the number down below. Our techs will be more than glad to help you in resolving your problem. Hope your week is going well!!</span>

<p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb51, 51, 51; : transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">Phone: (888) 900-5180</span>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb51, 51, 51; : transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
</span>

I'm sorry but I work generally 50-60 hrs a day. I am a father of 5 and a foster parent. I am also in the processing of moving and getting my house ready to put up on the market. Sadly I don't have a lot of free time where 8 could spend on the phone with technical support. Especially for something as easy as this.

I just need a link to where I can download the correct keyboard software for my laptop I just purchased from you.

Searching around I did find something... while it kind of works I don't believe it to be fully functional. Also I'm curious if the entire keys can be lit up. What I mean by this is for example the number keys above the letters, only the icons you would use shift and corresponding key to get it currently light up which I am finding frustrating. There are many other keys with other functions and only 1 of their functions lights up but if possible I'd like it all to light up.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm
Hey Mike, I apologize for the delay in response we had to dig and we think we found the solution to your problem. Try this out and tell me how it works. This should resolve your problem but if you want to get a static 1 color...your going to have to set it to wave and then there's like 6 or 7 boxes you will need to hit clear 6 or 7 times and then choose the color you want. Hope your day is going well.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:37pm
Sorry, here is the link 

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Notebook/Tracer%20RGB%20Keyboard%20App
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
If you have downloaded it already go to the board do what I said and it should allow you to set it to static,
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolverine690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:18pm
Could I get an answer to my questions?
MoeyKFA View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoeyKFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:33am
Just so you know this worked for setting the entire keyboard as one color:

"Your going to have to set it to wave and then there's like 6 or 7 boxes you will need to hit clear 6 or 7 times and then choose the color you want."

However, that software link you posted I don't think works 100%.  Many have said it hasn't.  I just got my machine back and it came with MyApp to adjust the RGB keyboard and the fan speed.  I found this program posted by a CyberPower admin on the UK forum located here:

MyAPP_1.4.0.1_MECHREVO.exe
https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/Forum/tracer-iimk-vr-gt-keyboard-software_topic14426.html

The MyColor app I downloaded and it wouldn't even launch.  I believe it was what I downloaded on this machine when I had a bunk Windows and it half worked.  I ended up having to send in my machine due to it being wrong.  I believe the proper application is the MyApp and everyone at CP needs to be on the same page or make this way less of a hassle.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic