FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case Fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
michdandur View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michdandur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case Fans
    Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:28pm
I am looking into getting a build in the H440 case. I want the rear to be 140mm exhaust, and  the top  2 also 140mm exhaust. Also I want  6 120mm fans in the front on my radiator as intake. The problem is that i want all my fans to be corsair LL series, but there is not an option to do that in the configuration. Is there any way i can get my build custom to what I said? and also I am new to cooling, but is the radiator intake on front with exhaust on top and back a good config?
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:25am
Your only option is what you see. CP only sells fans that are 120mm, unless a case comes stock with some other fan.

Intake in the front and exhaust in the top is pretty well standard and is the second best layout. After all heat rises. Now some cases come with a bottom intake and top exhaust. This layout is the best.

If you don't see what you want, you can order later from a third party like New Egg or Tiger Direct and add them yourself. Not hard at all.

6 fans on your liquid cooler? Are you getting a 360mm cooler? For most all uses except extreme overclocking a 240mm cooler is fine. I hope your thinking about a sealed system. Open loop requires maintenance, adding liquid, being careful when moved, etc.

I suggest posting your build specs and what the system is for. The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build and possibly save you some cash. I also have a first fire up suggestion list I post.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:10am
There is 1 option for 3 Tt 140mm LED case fans. But as for getting those Corsair fans on the rad, and fans to certain positions, OP will most likely have to buy those fans separately and place them himself. Agree as to 360 is overkill, especially w/ push-pull (6!) fans. Wonder what CPU he has in mind. I do love the looks of that case though.
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michdandur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:11am
Yes, i am aware that six is overkill, the only reason I was looking into to doing that is to gain a positive pressure inside the case, with 6 120's in taking even through a rad i think it should be more than 3 140's out taking even though they have less resistance.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michdandur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:24am
is the thermaltake 360mm cooler on CP configuration a sealed system that is maintenance free?
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:38am
The Tt RGB Floe Riing 360 is a sealed system. The one next to it w/ all the loose parts isn't (hard tube). You can tell by the picture.
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:20am
Hold onto your ears......
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:27am
Hey michdandur, if you get in touch with our sales department they will be able to assist in helping put together your dream machine. Here is there info:

SALES DEPARTMENT:
(800) 707-0393 Fax:(626) 813-3810
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic