New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Benchmarking, Drivers, Bios when first getting PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Benchmarking, Drivers, Bios when first getting PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gennt View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gennt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benchmarking, Drivers, Bios when first getting PC
    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 11:09am
Hey all,

Recently purchased a pc from cyber power after some helpful input from the build forum. I will be receiving it tomorrow. My work laptop is a Mac and my personal was also a Mac until this purchase. Suffice to say it has been around a decade since I purchased a new PC.

By question is what are some tests/checks I should run upon receiving my PC? I want to be sure I received the items I paid for of course and that they are working properly.

Also what are some basic functions I need to do upon receiving this PC? Download drivers, bios, etc. 

Feel free to link me somewhere instead of typing everything out. Bottom line is I would like to verify the parts I received, verify they work properly, and then begin using the PC. From not using PC for over a decade I forget much of this process with a new PC. 

Thanks all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic