Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asus 5770 Heat Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JRLandrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRLandrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asus 5770 Heat Problem
    Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 7:17pm
Hello all,

I got my CP PC a couple of weeks ago with the ASUS 5770 video card. I had heat issues with the entire system, so I installed 3 new fans for a total of 5 (3 intake, 2 exhaust). CPU temps have been amazing since installing the new fans (i7 975 idle at 32C). However, this video card is giving me fits. Idle is 50C and load is 94C at all stock settings. Other than the common response from CP tech , "That there card just runs hot" (which is interesting given the wealth of articles on the web noting that this card runs noticeably cooler than similar models)....anyway....does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here. The difference between idle and load is what really gets me...it is a huge spread.
BinaryBummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BinaryBummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:11am
The card is probably running in the right temps.  You can try to manually set the fan speed up in the CCC overclocking area but it will run like that all the time.
The other thing to do is to get a water cooling system for it.  Not sure on your fans positioning but I am sure you have a draft flowing in the case now.  One last thing you could try is to remove the plastic housing from around it and see if that helps the temps.  If not snap it back on..  This may allow more airflow to the heat sink rather then channeling it.

Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
JRLandrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRLandrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 6:16am
Thank you for the reply. I run the fan at 100% while doing any gaming. It usually gives me about 2 to 3 degrees cooling. I think liquid cooling might be a good idea but at these temperatures, any overclocking in the future will be all but impossible, even with liquid cooling. Also, there is no plastic housing on the card. I guess I'm just stuck with what I have until I can get together some more money.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BinaryBummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:22pm
If you have the design without the houseing try to get a few fans that you can attach to the side of the heatsink even with zipties.

Also it would void warranty but you can always research the possibility of replacing the TIM with a better type.  May yield a slightly better temp.  Research is the key here.
There are no rules to adding fans even at angles  Just make sure you don't damage any components in the process.

Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
JRLandrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRLandrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:48am
Just thought I would post this in case anyone else is having this problem. I removed the fan and heatsink and there was thermal paste everywhere. It was an absolutely awful job by whoever did it (Asus or CP?). The paste was all around the dye and caked into every nook and cranny. Completely unacceptable. Anyway, I cleaned for about an hour with Arcticlean and then replaced. Now I top out at 75 under full load ( as opposed to 95 degrees). Sure it voids the warranty, but I'd much rather have a card I can use.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BinaryBummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:46pm
Good job!

CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 9:53am
JRLandrum

Thats great to hear you were able to get such a change with reapplying the heatsink to the card. Videocards are all pre-assembled by the manufacturer, Cyberpower does not construct those items except testing and installing them in a build.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:37am
Originally posted by rosewilliams rosewilliams wrote:

I also used this Asus 5770 cell phone and faced the same issue after the purchase. I was very affected by this problem because I changed my earlier cell phone due to the same issue. After some days I visited the service center for the issue they sorted it out but after few days it started again then I took help from the Asus support team by dialing the helpline number which was available on the google. They sort out my problem in a very short period of time. I am very thankful to them that they had given me such a kind service by which I feel very special.

UUUH, your responding to an "eight year old" thread.........
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic