ADVANCE TSG- USB HEADER- Information
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Topic: ADVANCE TSG- USB HEADER- Information
Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:44pm
Disclaimer: All guides provided are generalized information for personal troubleshooting. None of which are certified by the respective part manufacturers. Any improper installation/removal, mishandling, or negligence on your part, will be counted as physical damage and therefore void your warranty. If you have at anytime concerns or wariness please contact our technician support.
All pictures provided may differ to your own system configurations and components.
USB Ports with Cases
1. USB ports are simple but can be confusing. Everything is depended on the motherboard selected. All motherboards will have USB headers, but the number available headers will differ through every brand and model. 1 header can only support up to 2 USB ports unless a specific adapter is used to expand the header.
The Motherboard User motherboard will have a diagram majority of the time, which can point out amount and location of USB headers.
2. Cases will also determine if all ports will be accessible.
**Note: If a system has Cardreader, the item will use up 1 USB Header from the motherboard reducing the amount available for addition expansions (ie Front Case USB ports) **
1. Remove the internal USB cables from the motherboard USB headers. At times, USB devices can halt a BIOS POST.
2. If the system correctly boots through the POST, test the device either by reseating back in the same USB header or use another USB header. (Make sure the system is off before rearranging the connection.)
3. If problems still remain or determined the issue, please contact our Technical Support.
Edited by CyberHD - 02 Nov 2010 at 3:04pm
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum