FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
six9nc View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote six9nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding memory
    Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 12:10pm
 Hello all,
Playing cities skylines and need to add some RAM.  I have 16 but would like to have at a min 24.  What should I buy. I have a cyberpower slc 10100, i7 8700, 3.8ghz gtx 1060(will be upgrading to 1080ti really soon).  Thanks.
yrly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 12:46pm
I couldn’t find much info as this looks like a prebuilt. It looks like it has a few configurations.

It has what appears to be an Asus motherboard. With some sort of MSI Armor 1060. Cooler looks like an Asetek with a Cyberpower logo somit should be fine.

Honestly I’d just get another 16gb kit that matches the one that is in it already (I saw a few different configurations so I don’t know what is in yours), this would make most sense in the case of RAM timings, if you need 24GB you might as well just go with 32GB.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:41am
Check the requirements. They show 4 to 6GB's of RAM will run it.

It looks like a flaw in the game causes it to eat all the RAM it can.

This seems to be one of the few that you can actually use 64GB's of RAM on.

Yes just get another 16GB's to match what you have. In this case if you system can handle it consider eventually going with 64GB's.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

six9nc View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote six9nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:23pm
 I know its a year later but thanks for the answers.  1700 hours of gaming later and I would like to add a gpu cooler and upgrade my RAM from geil Potenza, 32 gbs, to the max 64gb.  What gpu cooler would your recommend for my gtx 1080ti and what RAM can I upgrade too.  I do plan on OCng….
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:16am
You need to find out what MOBO you have. Then go to the manufactures website and verify the RAM that is compatible to your MOBO. Take the guess work out of it.

Instead of just throwing a GPU cooler in, what is our case cooling. Why do you think you need a GPU cooler. What temp is it running?

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic