FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A week away from pulling the trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A week away from pulling the trigger
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:38pm
After some research, I think I finally found what I want. My only concern is if I should go for the evga rtx 2080ti Hybrid or the Ultra...

This build is for simultaneous streaming and gaming.
Any advice, tips and critiques would be highly appreciated!

Edited by eliamyr - 21 Feb 2019 at 1:40pm
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 6:14pm
The build looks fine.  If money isn't a big object, I'd go for the Ultra.  I've read some "not-so-good" things about the Hybrid.  And if you get an EVGA card, make sure and get the EVGA Cable Management to go with it.  I've got this case and a similar build.

http://imgur.com/a/ZSKLfB8

That will give you an idea of fan setup.  3 on the bottom pulling air in.  3 on top pulling air up and out.  Liquid cooler vertical on side with 6 fan push/pull.

Good luck!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:31am
Don't forget to check your $5.00 keyboard, mouse, headset. The keyboard & mouse CP sends stock are junk.

I completely agree regarding steering away from the Hybrid GPU. With all your case fans and the design of the GPU (dual fans) your should not have any heating issues. Something people forget about when utilizing liquid cooling. It works great until things heat up. Then liquid takes 5 times or more to cool back down compared to fan based cooling. Just the properties of water. I will comment again, if your not doing "extreme" overclocking the 360 mm sealed cooler is not really needed. My sons newest system (about 3+ years old know) has a larger case with a 240mm Asetek cooler. It blows out almost cold air.

Of course with the special changing daily, double check the build bases when you get ready. Already the SS is not included in your build.

Don't forget the checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for your 5% off.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:33am
Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

Don't forget to check your $5.00 keyboard, mouse, headset. The keyboard & mouse CP sends stock are junk.

I completely agree regarding steering away from the Hybrid GPU. With all your case fans and the design of the GPU (dual fans) your should not have any heating issues. Something people forget about when utilizing liquid cooling. It works great until things heat up. Then liquid takes 5 times or more to cool back down compared to fan based cooling. Just the properties of water. I will comment again, if your not doing "extreme" overclocking the 360 mm sealed cooler is not really needed. My sons newest system (about 3+ years old know) has a larger case with a 240mm Asetek cooler. It blows out almost cold air.

Of course with the special changing daily, double check the build bases when you get ready. Already the SS is not included in your build.

Don't forget the checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for your 5% off.

I really only need a cheap mouse for my laptop since I already got a decent mouse/keyboard combo waiting.

I'm planning on doing some overclocking maybe not to the extreme level. The 360mm cooler is just to play it safe.

And most definitely. I hope they drop a nice special next week when I finally make the purchase!

Again man I appreciate all the tips and help you've given me and given others through this journey lol. I've learned alot from your posts. Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic