FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

32 inch monitor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imcrazylikethat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcrazylikethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32 inch monitor?
    Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 6:24am

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a good 32 inch monitor for my comp.  There doesn't seem to be many dedicated monitors that size, mostly TV's that are compatible to be a monitor.  Can someone tell me what to look for when using a TV as a monitor.  720 or 1080?  I use my comp to play games and surf the net mostly. 

Thanks,
C
bill-e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill-e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 8:11am
well, you dont need 1080 on a 32" monitor but that doesn't mean you don't want it ;)

I saw an inexpensive Vizio 26" LED tv at Walmart, $250 something I believe but I have no idea what the specs are on it....looked very nice with satellite tv though.

Intel i7-950 @3.06 GHz
Asus P6X58D-E
Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling
12 GB (6) DDR3/1600MHz HyperX
EVGA GTX460SC x2 SLI
Adata 64g, Kingston 30g SSD
1.5g HD
Win7 Ultimate x64
TT Toughpower 775
Deividis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deividis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 8:19am
Well using a 32" tv for a monitor is not that good actually. A TV is designed to be looked at from further away while a Monitor is meant for up close. So using a 32'' TV for a monitor will kill your eyes and will be hard to look at. I know because I have a 32" TV that I used lol I used a Samsung which is a great brand of TV but it sucked to use as a monitor. I tried setting it on 1080p to see if it would look good but it kills the eyes, to make it even okay to look at you have to set it down to about 1360x768. Then again whats the point in buying such an expensive TV if you cant use the HD to the max? So I would suggest not going with a 32'' TV for a monitor and actually stick with a monitor. They are designed to be used for up close while the TV is not. So buy yourself like a 26'' 1080p Monitor and trust me, you will be happy lol

Edited by Deividis - 22 Dec 2010 at 8:25am
Intel i5-760 Quad Core
4 Case Fans
AMD HD 6850
700w Cooler Master PSU
1.5 TB HDD
24'' Acer Monitor
(Upgrades Soon: Blu-Ray player, Ultra Media Card Reader, 120 GB SSD)
imcrazylikethat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcrazylikethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:10pm
Wow Deividis, now that I'm thinking about it and looked at a few 32 inch monitors up close in the stores, I think that probably is too big to be looked at up close.  My current monitor is only 19 inches (hence the reason I want to upgrade) but I now realize 32 probably is a bit much.  I'm going to shop around a bit more and try to find something bigger than my current 19", but smaller than 32.
Thanks for the advice.

Deividis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deividis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
No problem Good luck shopping around!!

Intel i5-760 Quad Core
4 Case Fans
AMD HD 6850
700w Cooler Master PSU
1.5 TB HDD
24'' Acer Monitor
(Upgrades Soon: Blu-Ray player, Ultra Media Card Reader, 120 GB SSD)
PGrimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGrimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:12am
Get a 23 inch ...  i personally think its the best for gaming...
Camacman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:06pm
A 32” 1080p would be awesome and it will be the best for gaming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic