FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 out of 5 Star Review..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Whitesoulz View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitesoulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 out of 5 Star Review..
    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:40pm

1) Fans all in the wrong direction..seriously? LOL

2) HD wasn't connected.. gg

3) This computer runs way hotter (it has 7 fans + liquid) then my 1k cheap newegg ABS computer... how is that possible? Apex Legends same exact graphics as other computer..yet this computer is 20* celsius higher...

4) Also.... my sound gets messed up everytime restart my computer... got to unplug and plug it back in.

=/ my first time with cyber i was happy... but..this time.. just wow..

I actually have minor lag spikes in Apex due to the higher temperatures too i think where as my old computer........ runs smoother... 

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about just returning it and paying a friend to build it or something... maybe CyberPower can make this right.. but after reading some of the reviews, a bit hesitant =/ 

Edited by Whitesoulz - 01 Jun 2019 at 5:26pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:43am
What are your full build specs?

HD not connected is bull, sound may be drive related.

Wish you had posted specs, use & price before you pulled the trigger.

Some fan locations pull in other location push out.

What are you using to monitor temps and what are the temps?

What liquid cooler do you have. The 120mm ones are not that good unless you do a push-pull option,
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Whitesoulz View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitesoulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:22am
Letís just say Iím willing to change this review if they make it right.

I asked them how my build looked and they said it was good to go and should have no issues.

Iím using a 120mm cooling and it works fine when Turbo on my i9 is off.. when turbo was on it was reaching around 80+ Celsius, I read this was fine but not normal at all. A friend of mine with low graphics settings as well hovered around 40-45 Celsius. Coolmaster Pro 120mm - I didnít buy any CyberPower parts

My video card (2080 TI) gets up to 80 degrees Celsius when on Apex with Low graphics which then causes FPS drops and stuttering. 32gb ram and SSD

I looked up my case online and they had the fans in the wrong direction.Heat rises so top fans should be pushing air out and they were pulling it in. I called my case manufacturer to be sure before I switched fan ways.

Next time I will probably just have a friend build it and pay him some $$ when itís done and working. However I did send the computer back to CyberPower and allow them to figure it out, I do know my 2080 TI should not be reaching 80/81 celsius on low settings.

Weíll see what happens

Edited by Whitesoulz - 13 Jun 2019 at 7:25am
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:00am
What is "a 120mm cooling"?
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:47am
What I was saying, "120mm" cooler is not a lot better than a standard fan. My older AMD cpu would heat up and throttle with one that had a"single" fan as I mentioned. At least add a second fan to make it push-pull and any heat issues will go away.

People have the chance to ask before they pull the trigger. This is one thing I warn of. If I go sealed liquid on my next system I will go with a 240mm.

People forget water is a great cooler. Downside once it heats up it takes a long time to cool down. Large fan based coolers cool down as soon as you back off. So when using sealed liquid coolers it is best to have a higher volume of water which takes longer to heat up. 240mm sealed coolers have dual fans, spread the heat out over a larger surface, tkae longer ot heat up.

The main CP component could have been the PSU if you ordered the standard one, That lets CP throw in whatever they want. Other components if you see CP in front of the name are bought and branded by CP, these often don;t have the same standards as a "branded" manufacture item. FOr instance a couple of MOBO when you explode the view and don't have details are designed "for" CP have the manufactures name, but not the standards. We have sen this at least twice when people try to get a BIOS update and it's not available. Some RAM here was not able to be added to the clock specs where not the same as the branded manufacture.

Makes me or CP no difference whether you change you post. Just making suggestions since you made a post.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:49am
Originally posted by dforrest dforrest wrote:

What is "a 120mm cooling"?

HMMM

you know until he stated "+ liquid" it could have been just the CP standard 120  fans since that is all CP sells. When he posted "+ liquid" I was figuring the 120mm sealed cooler.

crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Whitesoulz Whitesoulz wrote:

3) This computer runs way hotter (it has 7 fans + liquid) then my 1k cheap newegg ABS computer... how is that possible? Apex Legends same exact graphics as other computer..yet this computer is 20* celsius higher...

I will tell anyone under a $1000 to get an ABS from Newegg. Warranty is good, lower mid level components. Now that ABS is Neweggs , Really I would put more faith in a $800 system from ABS than a $800 Cyberpowerpc system sold at Newegg.

Follow Gan's advise , Get an OS on the 1tb WD blue SSD. only connect one drive with an OS at a time.
Overclocked I5 , Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse 8gb
16gb of Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic