FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

ASRock B450M Gaming (not B450AM Gaming) RGBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VirtualComment View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VirtualComment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B450M Gaming (not B450AM Gaming) RGBs
    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:12am
I just received my new CyberPower PC with the AM4 socket. The motherboard comes with an ASRock B450M Gaming (the backplane makes it look like the B450M/ac but that doesn't have the same BIOS versions) with the P1.50 revision. The RGB for the fans and the LED strip are on and showing a rainbow of colors all the way around. On the first boot ever, I THINK they were "breathing".

Attempting to change settings using the ASRock RGBLED utility OR the BIOS saves the changes but the RGB fans and strip just stay static (rainbow I think?) with all of the spectrum of colors showing. The RGBs stay the same. Even if I turn them off in the BIOS, they stay on.

Because the B450M Gaming appears to be a custom/OEM specific board from ASRock, I had found the BIOS in the "CyberPowerPC Branded" stuff here:http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/Asrock and then reflashed the BIOS (still P1.50) but nothing changed for the RGB settings.

There's also a weird CyberPowerPC PCB in the back connected to the case power button, reset and motherboard headers for some reason. Is this also some custom RGB controller solution as well (I didn't trace all the wires)? Maybe that's the issue?

Anyway, I'd like to be able to set up the RGBs to do whatever and I can't figure this out.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VirtualComment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:01am
Once I mentioned the CyberPower PCB in the back of the case, I decided to check it out. It appears to be model CYBPCB-120-4.0 and is a sort of hub for fan power and addressable RGBs.

I looked online for some sort of app or something to control this CyberPowerPC PCB but couldn't, so it looks like it just gives some default signal for the ARGBs.

Come on, I mean why would a customer want Addressable RGB components if you can't even control the 'addressable' part? Why isn't there are least a switch or DIP for presets? I think this is a pretty bad miss. I can only assume this is purely for cable management reasons.

Anyway, in case anyone else is searching this, just daisy-chain your addressable RGB components together and plug them into the ARGB header on the ASRock B540M board. Its right below the PCIe slots. Now you'll be able to control them via the BIOS and the ASRock RGBLED App. It even works well with Razer Chroma Connect/PolyChrome Sync.

This is my first pre-built I've bought in a very, very long time and this along with finding a lose connector on the motherboard header for power so it wouldn't boot on the first try (due to the cable tension being pulled and then zip tied back too tight) I have to say I really am disappointed. Otherwise, everything was a good value but....wow.
RagnarokRS View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RagnarokRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:57pm
Hi VirtualComment,

I bought a CyberPowerPC 4 months ago with the same board and a controller that matches your description. My case has a button on top, behind the two USB ports that controls the RGB for the entire case. Writing on the off chance yours does too and you missed it. Have a good day!
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VirtualComment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 3:01pm
Wow, you're right the button is there and wired. I just assumed it was was the reset button wired to the reset header but it isn't.

I still do prefer it plugged into the addressable RGB on the motherboard so I have control from the BIOS and OS. Plus I have some Razer Polychrome products so they sync up. Not that its a big deal but I'd prefer that instead.

It's odd though, I mean I get the PCB and its nice for wire management and if the motherboard didn't support ARGB but why not let it pass-through ARGB from the board?

Anyway thanks for the heads up!
katake View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
A bit off topic, but I've ran google searches with every technical search term available to me, and I haven't found any information on this mobo besides this forum post. I noticed that you mentioned it could be a custom build with a B450M/AC backplane. Do you have any information on the specs of this Mobo? Trying to add some memory, but I don't know the max mem/speed is.
Bnast View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bnast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 8:34am
I have been trying to update my bios with this board and i can't find the model anywhere! help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic