FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Waiting on PC build with RTX 3080

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mat3372 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat3372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting on PC build with RTX 3080
    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:17pm
I had sent an e-mail to Steve D and asked him if my PC would go into assembly soon. It's expected shipment date is 10/22 here is what he responded with:

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Currently we are waiting for the shipment of the RTX 3080 video card to arrive but according to our vendor shipment is delayed for about 1 to 2 week.  But we will ship this order as soon as new shipment arrived and system is built and tested. 
Looks like if your waiting on a RTX 3080 it's going to be a while...Confused 
goocher625 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goocher625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:40am
Dang, I guess I'll be waiting longer also. Thumbs Down  I was actually able to choose a FTW3 when I built my computer.
posdrums View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 11:54am
Ok, so Cyberpower is selling builds with 3080 without any mention that they don't actually have the cards?

When I ordered my PC there were cards that were clearly marked out of stock, so I figured the other ones wouldn't be a problem.

Did you select the default 3080 or one of the others?
mat3372 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat3372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
I didn't pack a brand(manufacturer) I just picked the what ever is available option geforce RTX 3080
colby.riggle View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colby.riggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:43am
I'm in a similar boat! Placed my order with estimated shipping set for 10/13, but learned about the delayed 3080 shipment earlier this morning when contacting customer service. I also selected the default 3080 option and no specific brand.

Interesting in that when I first ordered on 9/20, all partner cards were labeled 'Out of Stock', but I checked last week and a lot of them were labeled as in stock. Now they're back to OOS.

Here's to hoping the shipment lands sooner rather than later.

geekremix View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekremix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 9:33am
I bought a PC from this company under the impression that you had 3080s in stock. I was promised a november 6th ship date. I do need this computer for work before the release of cyberpunk 2077. There was no notification at all that you did not have any 3080s when I picked the computer.

Can someone please tell me if I need to order a refund/cancel my order? I do not want to waste my money. I understand that things happen. But I do not understand lying on the product page. 
Talason View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:26am
same thing happened here...sucks i sold my 2080ti and now i have had no videocard for a month...
goocher625 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goocher625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:46am
I talked to someone yesterday, they said end of next week. 

My 29th ship date is looking to be pushed back a few days. 

Oh well. It is weird I was able to select the FTW3 3080 when it wasn't in stock, but happy I was able to choose that card. The wait will be worth it.
mat3372 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mat3372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
I just chatted with Steve D. and this is what he told me about the rtx 3080 shipment.

Steve D: looks like we will be getting new shipment by end of this weeks

Man I hope this is true!!
Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 4:34pm
They will keep getting in shipments ............but can keep running out before they get to "your" build.......so you may have to wait for several shipments to come in for them to get caught up............  same for the in stock they may have had them in stock when you ordered but all the orders ahead of you that went to build phase used them up........

Come join Riders of the Rebellion!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic