FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
JoelTR View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoelTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:26pm
ASRock just informed me that ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB motherboard that came with my system is manufactured by ASRock for CyberPowerPC's specifications. ASRock does does not support that motherboard. ASRock has a new BIOS version 1.30 for their Phantom Gaming 4, but it cannot be used for Phantom Gaming 4-CB.

Can somebody here verify if that's true? Did anybody here successfully update their ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB to the latest ASRock BIOS version 1.30?
CBSucks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBSucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:10pm
Yup. I fell for it too. 2k system with a board that nobody is taking responsibility for. They got me once, they won't get me again. Amazon suspended my review capability because I told the truth on the review about it, so apparently they have some scam pull there too. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:57am
No scams. You have to "read your specs". "Anything" branded with CP means they are custom not a true "manufacture" product.  Now for MOBO's for instance I just checked out the Z390 crossfire 4CB your complaining about. If you select and click more info. A blank window opens up. That's your key.
Now go select the Multiple video ASRock  Z390 Phantom SLI/ac. Once you select it and click more info, the window fills out with a picture and "all the specs". A true retail version.

Had you asked the membership first before you pulled the trigger, the membership would have let you known.

Some recent RAM issues were also found by a member when they tried to get an additional 8GB's and found the manufactures specs where not the same as what they bought here.

This is another reason we post for a "newcomers" if they read. Start a post in the build section, post your full build specs, your max budget and what the system is for. The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build and if list your concerned about branded components we can take a look at that also. I try not to suggest branded components when I make suggestions. Especially the "junk" standard PSU's and generic RAM.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

CBSucks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBSucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:28am
Yea, well, before I "pulled the trigger" I contacted CP, Asrock, and Amazon and I got nothing but a runaround. (and posted my specs) So there's that. Thanks for the info.
It also doesn't change the fact that on cyberpower's list of bios updates the z390 is not even listed, and on asrock's site none of the bios updates for the phantom gaming 4 will work with the -cb and there is nothing that says that in the purchase description ahead of time. So a buyer has no idea at the time of purchase what they're getting into because the description says Asrock Phantom Gaming 4....not Phantom Gaming 4-CB. Not until after purchase do you realize you have a "custom" board. Right now the Gaming 4 is at bios 4.00 with Asrock and that link doesn't even work, there is no phantom gaming 4-cb on cyberpowers links for bios updates. 

Edited by CBSucks - 26 Mar 2019 at 5:53am
JoelTR View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoelTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:52pm
If I've known that ASRock does not support ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB, I would have not bought my system. In my opinion, a company should support its own product, whether it's custom made for CyberPower or not. That was my very first ASRock motherboard, and I will never purchase any ASRock product. 

I had to email ASRock customer service three times before I got a response. The response I received from was not professional at all. I will most likely change my ASRock motherboard with another one from ASUS or Gigabyte.
CBSucks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBSucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm
Agreed. Last Asrock product, and last Cyberpower product. I've filled my twitter, instagram, and facebook feeds with warnings.  I'm scavenging the parts and putting them on another board too, one that will see updates. This board is 4.00 on the Asrock site, and ours, nothing, release version only. 
FirstnLast View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FirstnLast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:48pm
This is so frustrating. There is absolutely no excuse for this. I understand that most prebuilts come with a cheap psu and memory, thatís to be expected. But to include a custom board that neither they nor the manufacturer support in a build thatís over a grand is inexcusable. I read every word of the description before buying and there was not a word about this in the listing. I will be changing my review on Amazon from 5 stars to 1 and will recommend friends and family to steer clear of both Cyberpowerpc and ASRock. Iíve learned my lesson. Youíve lost a customer.
CBSucks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBSucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:05pm
To add to yours @FirstnLast, they actually got me banned on Amazon from posting reviews. I got an email last week with an updated bios file like that's supposed to fix it all. Doesn't even bring it up to the retail version. So now I'm fighting Amazon using Asrock's email that agrees with what I said, and the forum replies across the net to try and get my review status back. BS on a cracker. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:00am
Originally posted by CBSucks CBSucks wrote:

Yea, well, before I "pulled the trigger" I contacted CP, Asrock, and Amazon and I got nothing but a runaround. (and posted my specs) So there's that. Thanks for the info.
It also doesn't change the fact that on cyberpower's list of bios updates the z390 is not even listed, and on asrock's site none of the bios updates for the phantom gaming 4 will work with the -cb and there is nothing that says that in the purchase description ahead of time. So a buyer has no idea at the time of purchase what they're getting into because the description says Asrock Phantom Gaming 4....not Phantom Gaming 4-CB. Not until after purchase do you realize you have a "custom" board. Right now the Gaming 4 is at bios 4.00 with Asrock and that link doesn't even work, there is no phantom gaming 4-cb on cyberpowers links for bios updates. 

Had you simply selected 'more info" on your MOBO selection the next tab it opens up lists the specs. You don't see an "additional info" tab (as with other listed on that  page). That tells you it is CP branded.

Other MOBO's on the same page (pick one) when you hit the first more info open up a tab with specs and they have an "additional info" tab. Once you click that it links directly to the manufactures website listing the "full retail" specs. No link no retail, CP in front of the name, no retail. Pretty simple.

Assumptions are dangerous. You posting never asked hey is this the "retail MOBO"
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

CBSucks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBSucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:04am
You're right, assumptions ARE dangerous, so quit making them. The rig was bought on Amazon and there was NO mention of this board NOT being retail and when you have a board listed with the SAME name as the retail board, it's not an assumption. There was also no more info or selection button for anything. Nice try though.

Edited by CBSucks - 12 Apr 2019 at 5:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic