FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B360M Xtreme BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Distant075 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Distant075 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B360M Xtreme BIOS
    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 4:04pm
Recently, I have been wishing to upgrade my PC and I have now acquired the parts that I needed to upgrade. One of these is an Intel I9 9900K. For this CPU to function, it appears that I would need a BIOS update to support it. I have looked in many places and found no such BIOS files. I have also tried to use other ASRock BIOS update files from alike motherboards. For whatever reason I cannot even get my updates to function in any form (executable or FAT32 USB install). I am posting here to see if anyone has any of the update files for this BIOS. My current BIOS edition listed in Windows is "American Megatrends Inc. P3.00, 7/11/2018."

TL;DR - I need the BIOS update files for the motherboard listed, and no other files from ASRock have functioned.

Thank you for any assistance you all may give!
Distant075 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Distant075 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 5:23pm
Hello again! I am very sorry to open and close a forum like this, but I have found a file dump of sorts for many of CyberPowerPC's drivers and BIOS files. This included the motherboard that I was talking about, and many more! If anyone else needs such a link, here it is! 

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/CYBERPOWERPC
olesideburns View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olesideburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 6:44pm
How how did you update the bios ? The only support article I found said to contact support for these branded boards. 

Did you just take the B360MX4.10 file and put it on a USB drive and use the uefi update utility?

I found that the Asus App Shop at least will update the Intel ME and a few other pieces automatically. 
cluckern View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluckern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Distant075 Distant075 wrote:

Hello again! I am very sorry to open and close a forum like this, but I have found a file dump of sorts for many of CyberPowerPC's drivers and BIOS files. This included the motherboard that I was talking about, and many more! If anyone else needs such a link, here it is! 

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/CYBERPOWERPC

How how did you update the bios ? The only support article I found said to contact support for these branded boards. 

Did you just take the B360MX4.10 file and put it on a USB drive then is there a utility in the BIOS? I am looking to buy one of these desktops secondhand but I want to make sure I can update the bios on my end
Bxsquiat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bxsquiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:51am
Any luck?
Bxsquiat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bxsquiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:53am
I want to upgrade my CPU from an i5-8400 to an i7-9700k. Im stuck in the same situation as well since i cannot install the cpu until i update the bios. Have you found a solution to update the B360M xtreme motherboard? I have the cpu siting here and its useless until i find an update. This is rediculous lol it shouldn't be this difficult to just find an update for a bios.
Bxsquiat View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bxsquiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:55am
Did you have any luck finding an update? I wajt to upgrade my CPU and this extremely frustrating that i cannot simply just find an update for the BiOS. Please let me know! Anything helps.
NobleTeam360_ View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleTeam360_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:19am
I take it nobody has found any helpful information on updating the bios for this motherboard yet? I find it quite sad that Cyberpower refuses to offer any help on a product they sell, I just bought a computer with this same motherboard and have recieved zero helpful support from Cyberpower. At this point my best option is just to buy a new motherboard. So far, I would say I won't be doing business with Cyberpower ever again if this keeps up. 
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:10pm
I've looked around, no good news.

Overclocking an I5 8600K is all I can find .

Might be best to bump up the mobo to run that CPU you have laying around. 
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
XxXerxesXxX View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxXerxesXxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:55pm
Updating the CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board BIOS to 4.20

FWIW, you can upgrade your CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board BIOS to the latest AsRock version of 4.20, simply download:

Then unzip, once unzipped, edit and save the file: ASROM.ini to represent the following: 
[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
Param=/CAPSULE /B /P /N /L /X
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe
Param=/CAPSULE /B /P /N /L /X
Once the aforementioned file has been edited/saved, start the the update process by running "ASROM.exe", select Y to complete the UEFI reboot update and wait; the system will update and reboot accordingly.

As for potential catches, first, the boot-up logo "CYBERPOWERPC" will be replaced with "ASrock", lastly, it's likely that CyberpowerPC will void your board(s) warranty, although you can convert back to the original OE BIOS if needed (I'll write a follow-up on the reversal) and finally the name of the board will change to "ASrock B360M Pro4". 

Lastly, this has only been tested on the CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board (not the B360) found in the GXiVR3800WST model, although the ASrock B360M Xtreme board was used in other models; I'd suggest confirming with HWiNFO.

Why update the BIOS to 4.20, first, it was recommended by ASrock for anyone upgrading to a 9th gen. CPU, secondly, CyberpowerPC has basically stated that their OE version of the BIOS will end of life at version 4.10. It's your call, while it's an older motherboard, it's remains viable and ASrock is still providing BIOS updates, as well the ASrock applications become  viable, such as AsRock A-Tuning and AsRock APP Shop, found here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

A-Tuning is moderately useful for OC/Fan tuning and the APP Shop was useful for updating drivers without manual download/installation methods being a necessity. 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  I've updated/reversed/re-updated two (2) of my own CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme boards without incident, it would have been three, however the last one came with an ASUS board. Please understand this method is simply bypassing the ROMID verification and if you attempt to flash an incorrect board, it could lead to a brick.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic