Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customer Service & Tech Support
 CyberPower Forum : Support : Customer Service & Tech Support
Message Icon Topic: I Have Problems With My New CyberPower PC Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
PhenomsFTW

Online Status: Offline
Quote PhenomsFTW Replybullet Topic: I Have Problems With My New CyberPower PC
    Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:26am
Hi, I'm having a few problems with my Computer I got probably a week and a half ago. It's definitely up to par when it's working. But more than 3 times a day, my browser(No matter what I'm using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc) just crashes!! Which I'm hoping it doesn't do now as I'm writing this message.
Also, at least once a day I get the blue screen telling me to restart or run CHKDSK or doin something in BIOS. My computer doesn't even overheat highest it gets is 56c but thats only SOMETIMES when I'm playing GTA IV

One last thing. How come the EVGA GTS 250 (Which I have from CyberPower) doesn't look like the pictures that I see of it, with the cool case on it thing on it. Is it to increase cooling? And if you look it doesn't even have the same things on the back of it.(The bottom one is the CyberPower one)

Thank you for the help
My system
Gamer Ultra 7500
Xion AXP 600 Mid-Tower
(I have like 8 total 120mm fans)
Phenom II 955 BE 3.2Ghz
Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU fan
1 TB HDD
Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM
700W Xtremegear PSU(100w over what it recommended for me)
EVGA GTS 250 1GB
Windows 7 64bit
IP IP Logged
hunter2618

Quote hunter2618 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:06am
reinstall windows
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
IP IP Logged
BinaryBummer

Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:36am
Might only if it is a glitch..

I don't think thats it causing it..
Embarrassed

Edited by BinaryBummer - 25 Jul 2010 at 11:59am
Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
IP IP Logged
BinaryBummer

Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:57am
PhenomsFTW,

CP uses whatever the brand AKA major brand) that they stock at the time.

The cooling of the card may be in your favor not having such a cover over it.  Yes it looks cooler by design but having the open card allows for more case fans to cool too, maybe giving a slight ambient case temp increase..  No concern with all your fans you have.
Now to you problem we can use all the details you can post us.
First if your system is over clocked you need to reset the CMOS and load the Optimal setting and save.
Then go back in windows then be sure you have the AUTOMATIC RESTART disabled in your startup and recovery. Do this by hitting the Widows key+break then go into Advance System Settings then Advance , then under the Startup and Recovery click Settings and make sure the tick for Automatic Restart is unchecked. This will allow you to see and copy your BSOD with out it rebooting on you. Now you can go ahead and try your games or what ever else that may cause you to crash.  If it does crash make not of it and post is BSOD stuff, etc.

Also if you could post the Make and Model Specs of your Ram.  The actual model can help tell allot on ram and motherboard issues.
One last thing is to be sure to check the motherboard for all update from the MFG website.  Many ram issues causing BSOD's can be due to not having fixes from the new BIOS updates.
If all your motherboard drivers are up to date and your BIOS is up to date then we can take it to the next level.
Keep us posted
Wink

Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
IP IP Logged
justinguitar

Quote justinguitar Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 2:43pm
Return the PC imo, dont deal with taking these peoples advice to POSSIBLY fix your computer. Cyberpower has been known to have issues with lots of their computers (you can see complaints scattered all throughout the forums, espically in the customer support part). I think you only got 30 days or something to return it for your money back, I think this is the best option and just learn to build a PC on your own. Its very easy to build one on your own, and you dont have to worry nearly as much with defects on the computer.
Unfortunately, you will still have to pay for the shipping if you decide to return it. If it is a bad part cyberpower will fix it (as they say in their warranty), however they can use used/refurbished parts when they do so (as they also say in their warranty).

The problem sounds annoying, just giving you my advice. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Out of curiousity, have you tried stress testing the computer and recording the max temperatures? OR is that 56 degrees C just from what you noticed when playing video games.

Edited by justinguitar - 25 Jul 2010 at 2:44pm
IP IP Logged
PhenomsFTW

Quote PhenomsFTW Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:00pm
I did as you said and found that part already unchecked. Btw, what does BSOD mean? And for the ram part, I have the " corsair or major brand" but when I look in my case I have the a-data brand ram.Overclocking: I sort of know how to overclock because I've went through BIOS and it's really easy with my Cpu but I probably won't overclock because I don't want to void the warranty.
And also could it be the things I use to clean my computer mess things up? Because before I run benchmarks I clean things up using. Advanced System Care(which does things like check for spyware and defragments and several other things), and CCleaner.
Where can I go to find out my version of BIOS? And where would I be able to get updates for it?

Edited by PhenomsFTW - 25 Jul 2010 at 3:07pm
IP IP Logged
PhenomsFTW

Quote PhenomsFTW Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:01pm
Nah, I can't return it. Because if I ask my dad to return it then He'll just want to try and fix it up himself because he thinks he knows these things.... and 56c is the highest it gets sometimes while playing GTA IV. And idle it can get as low as 29c. I use core temp. I didn't download Prime95 because I didn't want my CPU to be stressed that much.

Edited by PhenomsFTW - 25 Jul 2010 at 3:15pm
IP IP Logged
PhenomsFTW

Quote PhenomsFTW Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:03pm
Idk how to reinstall windows :/
IP IP Logged
uncharted1

Quote uncharted1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:26pm
You should have the Cyberpower Windows Install CD/DVD included...probably packed away in the motherboard box along with the other CDs and cables.

Its really easy to reinstall...all you gotta do is pop it in and restart your computer and follow the steps.
IP IP Logged
PhenomsFTW

Quote PhenomsFTW Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:37pm
why should i reinstall? what will it accomplish? what will i loose?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version