Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Topic ClosedWorth the wait...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mat3372 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worth the wait...
    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 11:25am
I just wanted to com on and share my experience and thought on the PC I received from Cyberpower. Overall the wait was the hardest part. I received my PC about 5-6 weeks after I ordered it. It took so long because I ordered a RTX 3080 GPU and it was on backorder. I spent a lot of time reading posts on this site and reddit anticipating my pc coming in. Finally the dame came it shipped then I received it 2 days later. Unfortunately the graphics card I received (which was a Gigabyte) was DOA. That was a real bummer. Tech Support sent me an RMA# and a shipping label. Even though I didn't pay for extra warranty. Wish I had now. I thought that was nice. It took about 4-5 days to get to cyberpower and they had the GPU in there  a week before they shipped me another one. It took 4-5 days to get here. So about three weeks total turn around. The graphics card I received was a Zotac Trinity OC RTX 3080. At first I was like this is the last card brand I wanted but I don't know why. I think it's because I read a few post about not wanting that brand. My last PC which I bought about 2 years ago was a Cyberpower PC and I loved it. It to had a Zotac in it(Zotac Geforce 1660TI). I had no complaints about it. I ended up selling it to my sister when I bought this one. I wanted to upgrade in time for shadowlands to come out in World Of Warcraft. Anyways, I just received the GPU on Friday and I have been loving it all weekend. WoW graphics looks a lot better and loading times are even shorter. So the experience overall...a little bumpy but worth the wait. I would recommend Cyberpower to a friend. I would just warn him/her about the wait and possible backorder/ if something came in DOA. If your waiting on a pc hold on when everything settles you will probably love your new setup!!Tongue
rediornot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm
thanks for getting back with the community, good or bad all feedback helps others to make their choice.Cool
Eluna242 case,ASUS 570x wifi,73700x,16gb 4x3000ram,gigabyte rtx2070.240 AIO push/pull led fans 1600w Lepa psu, AOC 27cqg1 144hz 1440p,WD480ssd/2x1tb M.2.F@H team 142900 come fold with us
jeffreywilens View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:38pm
A graphics card should not be DOA.  That's what QC is for. 
new2lombard View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 1:17pm
I was going to ask the same thing. Wouldn’t they perform tests after the build?

I’ve read about motherboards and such being DOA and assumed this process would weed them out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic