FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless network Card issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
drjarman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless network Card issues
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:30pm
I've had my laptop for about 4 Weeks. Liking the laptop for the most part but, I'm having some issues with the Wireless network card.

WNC: 
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless 8265 AGN + Bluetooth V4.2

If I am sitting in my living room ( about 20 ft. away from the router ) the connection is very unstable. It continuously drops in and out every 10-15 minutes. When it does decide to connect i am only pulling about 20 MBS.

I can maintain a stable connection with other devices with no issues ( macbook pro, iphone, smart tv, etc.) 
I also have a USB wireless network device that i can plug into the laptop and with that my connection is perfect. It never drops and I pull about 40MBS with this 4 year old device.

I've adjusted power saving settings, updated drivers and my operating system but i am still having the same frustrating issue. As a matter of fact i've had to write this forum post twice now because the page would not load when i posted the first time -_-

So, is this a bad card or a low quality card? Just a heads up, i'm not super tech savvy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:56am
Try a clean install of the network card drivers.

Most drivers are on the support page. 
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

SarahBishop View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:14pm
You try to reset your network:
Unplug your modem and router's power cables.
Wait about thirty seconds.
Plug your modem back in and wait a minute for it to completely power on.
Plug your router back in and wait a minute for it to power on and connect.
Try loading a web page on your computer.
modem wifi password
clarson View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by SarahBishop SarahBishop wrote:

You try to reset your network:
Unplug your modem and router's power cables.
Wait about thirty seconds.
Plug your modem back in and wait a minute for it to completely power on.
Plug your router back in and wait a minute for it to power on and connect.
Try loading a web page on your computer.
modem wifi password

This only helps if the issue is an issue across several connections on the network, not just a specific point. If only one connection is having repeated trouble, then the issue isn't the network.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic