FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Failed to Start After Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NeedHelpFFS View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedHelpFFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Failed to Start After Update
    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:00am
After leaving my computer for an update yesterday, I tried getting on only to find windows won't start.
It breifly says something about automatic repair, before the Windows Boot Manager says that windows failed to start.
The boot manager shows this information below the generic "you need to reinstall” message.
File: \windows\system32\winload.efi
Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

The PC turns off shortly after booting up.
I would use the install disk, but my model of PC doesn't have a disk driver.
Which confused me, since if it didn't have a disk driver why didn't ut come with the reinstall stuff on a flash drive instead?

Edited by NeedHelpFFS - 28 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
The reason it did not come with an install disk is that Microsoft is using a key injected systems where the key is in the system. You will have to go to the website download windows and install and it will be able to install from there without asking for a key. If you keep having an issue just contact us and we will help you further with getting your system up and running. 

Phone: 888-900-5180
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic